4 month delay for finger prints...

I recently went down to my sherif's department and shelled out $10 to fill out the form for a handgun permit.

Interestingly they require 4 character witnesses - and they all have to be from the same county... that turned out to be pretty hard because I live on the edge of the county, with my neighbors all in the next county, and I've worked in a third county for 15 years....

I then had to attend a gun-safety class. Sounds like a good idea, except that you never handle a firearm in the class.... How does that teach safety?

Anyway, to my actual point - I filled the form and called them to arrange a finger-print/picture session (and additional $150 poll-tax if you ask me.)

First available date is mid-MAY!!! This is 4 months away...

This is to accept the application and start the process (which they have months from then to complete....)

All I want is a sportsmans license - does it have to take a year to get it?

This is for Onondaga county - anyone have other experiences?

Are all counties this F&@# up?[crying]

This is onondaga cty NY? NY in general has been like this for years. I never bothered with handguns when I was down there in NY. It was too much of a pain and I knew I was leaving.

This is onondaga cty NY? NY in general has been like this for years. I never bothered with handguns when I was down there in NY. It was too much of a pain and I knew I was leaving.

Onondaga County - Syracuse is the largest city.

I guess I'm wondering if I got the FBI to do the fingerprint card if I could force the Sheriff to accept it - by pointing out the law to him.

Back
Top Bottom