• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Saltwater fall fishing question

Well growing up I have always been more into freshwater fishing with the occasional trip into the harbor to fish for stripers. Well last month I picked up a new boat. 1997 23ft sea pro offshore with a 225hp outboard. This boat is obviously too big for the puddles I usually frequent, with that being said here is my question.......

What is out there to fish for this late in the season? I was out last weekend and still caught a bunch of stripers but I know that is almost over.

Any tips would be appreciated.

I am hoping to do some tuna fishing next year but I know I have to get the gear for that

Thanks
Ray

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If you are considering giant tuna fishing you will need a commercial fishing license, survival suits, EPIRB, lifeboat and additional insurance on the boat. With the popularity of Wicked Tuna everybody and their brother are out there and EOP can levy some serious penalties if you are caught "trying to catch a giant". The cost of gear, fuel, etc will outweigh the value of the catch for most. The prices paid for tuna are way down, the prices on wicked tuna are made up for the show, tuna fisherman ship their fish on consignment to Japan. They no longer sell at the dock

If you are considering giant tuna fishing you will need a commercial fishing license, survival suits, EPIRB, lifeboat and additional insurance on the boat. With the popularity of Wicked Tuna everybody and their brother are out there and EOP can levy some serious penalties if you are caught "trying to catch a giant". The cost of gear, fuel, etc will outweigh the value of the catch for most. The prices paid for tuna are way down, the prices on wicked tuna are made up for the show, tuna fisherman ship their fish on consignment to Japan. They no longer sell at the dock

Well said.

You can get a recreational permit and none of that applies. Can't sell fish and depending on the quota, you may not be able to keep fish over 73" (if the trophy option is closed out).

You can get a recreational permit and none of that applies. Can't sell fish and depending on the quota, you may not be able to keep fish over 73" (if the trophy option is closed out).
Ya I am just fishing recreationally not doing it for money.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom