• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

new Berkey

headednorth

NES Member
Picked up a Berkey travel size the other day with the fluoride filters. Kind of bummed at all the plastic fittings for the money. Anyway...

Prepped both types of filters according to directions and have filled and dumped the thing 4 times now and the water in the lower can is still ends up a bit cloudy. How long am I looking at before I get clear water?

I can't help you, but I will be watching this thread. I bought a big Berkey about 8 years ago and never took it out of the box. It never occurred to me that they need to be broken in.

I can't help you, but I will be watching this thread. I bought a big Berkey about 8 years ago and never took it out of the box. It never occurred to me that they need to be broken in.

The black filters need to be primed, the white ones for the fluoride need to be flushed to remove some sort of material leftover from manufacturing process iirc. Flushed those twice, ran water through the set up 4 times, (five now) and is a lot clearer than the first run, but still cloudy enough that Im not going to drink it.

Back
Top Bottom