308 Saiga-nov underway

SKS Ray

NES Member
I'm finally going to convert my long barrel Saiga 308 and decided I want to go the Dragunov like route.

I've been trying to decide whether or not I want to go with polymer furniture or wood, and I'm leaning towards wood if I can find a thumbhole stock set from a WASR.

My only other obstacle is removing the fsb, and reaming out the back end to fit further back on the Saiga barrel so I can thread the muzzle for a brake.

Anyone have a source for a stock and know of a smith that can ream the fsb? I don't want to send it out to Dinzag but he may be the best qualified since the Saiga 308 fsb mod is one he specializes in. The only drawback is turnaround time.

This sounds excellent. You know I am not the one for advice but I will also keep an eye out for a stock.

Ive got a spare PSL stock you may be able to make work. Rear trunnion is similar to AKM - of you can just buy a PSL rear trunnion.

I don't want to mod the rear trunnion or the receiver. I'll have to take a look at my PSL and see if the thumbhole looks like it will fit on the Saiga. I know the handguards will fit with a little work.

I don't want to mod the rear trunnion or the receiver. I'll have to take a look at my PSL and see if the thumbhole looks like it will fit on the Saiga. I know the handguards will fit with a little work.

How thick is the Saiga 308 receiver? Is it the same 1.5mm that a PSL receiver is?

If so, it's certainly a good start.

i think the rear tang on a psl is bigger than on a ak, might work with some creativity, something of which you guys are in no short supply of lol. either way, subbing.

Back
Top Bottom