30-30 Rebore

wjsmall97

NES Member
I am thinking of getting my Glenfield model 30 ( low budget Marlin 336 ) rebored to .375 Winchester. I know that JES does great work, but was wondering if any one is familiar with anyone who does this on the east coast.
Thanks, Bill

I dont have any info on someone that provides this service, but I'll be curious to see other replies. Reloading for 375 WIN is a lot of fun. I've had good luck with H322 and Reloader 7.

I dont have any info on someone that provides this service, but I'll be curious to see other replies. Reloading for 375 WIN is a lot of fun. I've had good luck with H322 and Reloader 7.
JES Rebore is in Oregon, and I was hoping to find someone closer. If you go on the Marlinowners forum there are plenty of members that have had work done by him, and swear by him.
I presently own a Win. BB94 in .375 Win and a T/C Contender with a 12" barrel and a muzzle tamer. I reload for it and believe I am using RL 7.

I'm using a BB94 as well. Coincidently I just purchased a William's rear peep sight yesterday. I'm sure I'll like it a lot more than the stock sights.

I'm using a BB94 as well. Coincidently I just purchased a William's rear peep sight yesterday. I'm sure I'll like it a lot more than the stock sights.
I also put on a Williams peep sight. I could only find a target peep sight at first. so after getting that one, I found a smaller hunting peep sight.

...and a T/C Contender with a 12" barrel and a muzzle tamer.
whaaat!!!! muzzle tamer? real contender shooters never use a "muzzle tamer" on a short contender barrel. the appeal of shooting these, not just for the shooter but spectators also, is the extremely loud bark, flame coming out of the muzzle in daylight and the side bets being taken as to whether the shooter will get the front sight embedded into their forehead with muzzle jump.

my pet t/c barrel is a 10" 357 herrett. [thumbsup]

Yes the muzzle tamer must be a little loud. I was shooting the contender with the same barrel, but in 30-30, when someone a few tables down was shooting a M1 Garand and sending empties my way bouncing off my table. So I changed out the barrel to .375 win, and see him just looking at me after I fired a round off.With the muzzle tamer it is not that bad off the bench.

JES Rebore is in Oregon, and I was hoping to find someone closer. If you go on the Marlinowners forum there are plenty of members that have had work done by him, and swear by him.
I presently own a Win. BB94 in .375 Win and a T/C Contender with a 12" barrel and a muzzle tamer. I reload for it and believe I am using RL 7.
If you're going to ship it anyways, it makes no difference if it's across the state or across the country. It might add a few bucks and a day to the shipping. Go with the best, not the most convenient.

If you're going to ship it anyways, it makes no difference if it's across the state or across the country. It might add a few bucks and a day to the shipping. Go with the best, not the most convenient.
Yeah, I know, I was just hoping someone was close enough to drive too. ( fly under the wife's radar).

Yeah, I know, I was just hoping someone was close enough to drive too. ( fly under the wife's radar).
Whats the cost differential of converting bs buying one already chambered?
I always give the “another gun “ option a hard look.

Savage made the 99 in 375 also.
Marlin ? Om sure they had to make a run on them in the 80s

I know it can be done but the 30/30 vs 375 chamber pressure is a big swing? Just wondering how well the receiver will hold up?

Last edited:
I already have the Glenfield model 30 in 30-30 that I bought used back around 1977 for $50. it would make a good donor rifle. JES rebores the 30-30 to .356 & .375,and alot of people on the Marlinowners forum have had this done with no problems at all. I also have this round in a Winchester 94 BB and a T/C Contender 12" barrel with a muzzle tamer.

I already have the Glenfield model 30 in 30-30 that I bought used back around 1977 for $50. it would make a good donor rifle. JES rebores the 30-30 to .356 & .375,and alot of people on the Marlinowners forum have had this done with no problems at all. I also have this round in a Winchester 94 BB and a T/C Contender 12" barrel with a muzzle tamer.
keep us posted
I wonder if factory ammo is dumbed down these days?

Back
Top Bottom