3 new shooters joining the ranks and getting LTCs. UPDATE: Make that 5 new shooters

After years of working on them it all came together at once.

Tonight my father, my brother, and my brother's father-in-law all signed up to take the handgun safety coarse to get their LTCs. My brother is already salivating about his first purchase. Looks like he is leaning toward a S&W M&P in .40cal. He is also considering a used Glock in .40cal. My father wants to shoot my 9mm M&P and a .40 M&P before he buys one. My brother's father-in-law is a retired Army Vet so I think he is leaning toward a 1911 cause that's what he is familiar and comfortable with. This has all kinda come together in the past month but I have been working on them all for years.

They are all from Fitchburg so I guess we will see how the new chief(Lowell import) is working out.

I think I will get them all NRA and GOAL memberships as a congratulations.

Last edited:
After years of working on them it all came together at once.

Tonight my father, my brother, and my brother's father-in-law all signed up to take the handgun safety coarse to get their LTCs. My brother is already salivating about his first purchase. Looks like he is leaning toward a S&W M&P in .40cal. He is also considering a used Glock in .40cal. My father wants to shoot my 9mm M&P and a .40 M&P before he buys one. My brother's father-in-law is a retired Army Vet so I think he is leaning toward a 1911 cause that's what he is familiar and comfortable with. This has all kinda come together in the past month but I have been working on them all for years.

They are all from Fitchburg so I guess we will see how the new chief(Lowell import) is working out.

I think I will get them all NRA and GOAL memberships as a congratulations.

Is this new lowell import chief a recent happening? Or what? Many times, it is not even p to the chief what is issued, believe it or not. The "town" (selectmen, etc) say what the chief should issue. Remember, the chief is a rather politicized position. It could be ok in the end, but who knows. let us know how it works out.

Is this new lowell import chief a recent happening? Or what? Many times, it is not even p to the chief what is issued, believe it or not. The "town" (selectmen, etc) say what the chief should issue. Remember, the chief is a rather politicized position. It could be ok in the end, but who knows. let us know how it works out.

Yea he was hired last year by the new Mayor and it was a big S-storm when it happened. The union didn't like him and she passed over at least 2 well qualified candidates that were already members of the force.

I don't know anyone who has gotten or renewed their LTC since the new Mayor/Chief combo took over. Previously it was a breeze.

Congrats on getting new people in classes and on their way to LTCs. I wish them good luck with the licensing officer!

Nice job. I recently "inspired" two co-workers to take their classes and apply for their LTCs. One has never fired a gun but both can be considered n00bs. I am truly excited whenever I get the opportunity to introduce someone to such a great hobby/sport/freedom. Hope everything works out with the new chief.

I love to see new owners.
Any idea on where they are going to get their CC training? I have been seriously leaning towards the Sig Sauer class. They have one scheduled for just about every weekend, all summer

Last edited:
I love to see new owners.
Any idea on where they are going to get their CC training? I have been seriously leaning towards the Sig Sauer class. They have one scheduled for just about every weekend, all summer

They are taking the ISI Basic Pistol Course in Lowell. I am taking it with them just for the "fun" of it. My brother is interested in further training beyond that, I suspect we will probably be taking more courses together. The place's website is:
http://www.instructionalshooting.com/index.html

It's contagious. Now my mother and sister in law are taking the class and planning on getting their LTCs. I guess we will know soon enough how the new system in Fitchburg is working out.

I'm going to go broke buying NRA and GOAL memberships..... [smile]

Back
Top Bottom