• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

3 more and I'm not jealous

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
Jenning's 22 in chrome.... your just jealous you don't have a chrome plated peice of shit.

Not jealous at all, everybody should have one!
1911dwjennings.jpg

My new Auto Ord 1911a1

a Dan Wesson 4 inch K22

my 'chrome plated piece of shit' Jennings. Actually it goes bang every time if I use CCI stingers.

more to come....................

Jay G said:
Pilgrim & C-pher,

I just picked up my AO1911 today:

AO19115yearnosmoke.jpg

Can't wait to shoot it... :)

You're gonna like it ! Look it over - don't you agree the fit and finish is as good as it gets ?

Now you need a Jennings !

C-pher said:
Man, I need to get me one of those.

Derek, [shock] is right.

Go for it ! It's only money !

Jay G said:
Pilgrim & C-pher,

AO19115yearnosmoke.jpg

You're gonna like it ! Look it over - don't you agree the fit and finish is as good as it gets ?

C-pher said:

Derek, [shock] is right.

Jay G said:
Pilgrim & C-pher,

AO19115yearnosmoke.jpg

C-pher said:

Derek, [shock] is right.

Pilgrim,

The *only* thing I don't like about the AO is the grips. The plastic just doesn't feel right - too "gritty".

NOW... You have to realize... my ONLY point of comparison is the WWI-military issue Colt I inherited from my grandfather. 89 years of wear-and-tear will smooth out the rough edges pretty good... :)

I almost passed on the AO1911 after handling one when I got together with C-pher, Ross, and Len. AFS in Attleboro had one in the case, and I wasn't terribly impressed. I checked it out, side-by-side with an S&W SW1911 at Four Seasons and realized that it was only the grips, nothing mechanical.

What stunned me about the gun is how friggin' TIGHT it is. Granted, once again I'm going on the comparison to the 89 year old Colt, but that AO is one well-built piece. Some of it does need work - the slide release requires approximately 8,000 ft.lbs of pressure to release - but I'd be SHOCKED if that didn't "break in" after 500 or so rounds.

Also, my other apprehension was that aftermarket 1911 magazines wouldn't work in the AO. So far this fear appears to be COMPLETELY unfounded - Colt, Triple K, and Chip McCormick Shooting Star mags all fit in the AO, lock the slide, and drop clean.

A full range report will, of course, be forthcoming... Once I get to the range that is...

C-pher,

I'd be shocked if that Dan Wesson was anything other than a .357 Magnum. That's the most common "Pistol Pac". I would LOOOOVE to get one of those but if I brought home *ANOTHER* .357 Magnum my wife would probably hurt me... ;)

Pilgrim,

The *only* thing I don't like about the AO is the grips. The plastic just doesn't feel right - too "gritty".

NOW... You have to realize... my ONLY point of comparison is the WWI-military issue Colt I inherited from my grandfather. 89 years of wear-and-tear will smooth out the rough edges pretty good... :)

I almost passed on the AO1911 after handling one when I got together with C-pher, Ross, and Len. AFS in Attleboro had one in the case, and I wasn't terribly impressed. I checked it out, side-by-side with an S&W SW1911 at Four Seasons and realized that it was only the grips, nothing mechanical.

What stunned me about the gun is how friggin' TIGHT it is. Granted, once again I'm going on the comparison to the 89 year old Colt, but that AO is one well-built piece. Some of it does need work - the slide release requires approximately 8,000 ft.lbs of pressure to release - but I'd be SHOCKED if that didn't "break in" after 500 or so rounds.

Also, my other apprehension was that aftermarket 1911 magazines wouldn't work in the AO. So far this fear appears to be COMPLETELY unfounded - Colt, Triple K, and Chip McCormick Shooting Star mags all fit in the AO, lock the slide, and drop clean.

A full range report will, of course, be forthcoming... Once I get to the range that is...

C-pher,

I'd be shocked if that Dan Wesson was anything other than a .357 Magnum. That's the most common "Pistol Pac". I would LOOOOVE to get one of those but if I brought home *ANOTHER* .357 Magnum my wife would probably hurt me... ;)

Pilgrim,

C-pher,

Nickle said:
So everyone knows, wooden Mil-Spec grips are dirt cheap, and fairly easy to find.

If you want a 'true' 1911a1, you gots to have the plastic grips. I agree that the ones on the AO are a little 'prickly' but I think those will smooth out with use.

And yes, it is a very nice tight fit of all the parts. The slide does loosen up a bit after a few hundred rounds.

Nickle said:
So everyone knows, wooden Mil-Spec grips are dirt cheap, and fairly easy to find.

If you want a 'true' 1911a1, you gots to have the plastic grips. I agree that the ones on the AO are a little 'prickly' but I think those will smooth out with use.

And yes, it is a very nice tight fit of all the parts. The slide does loosen up a bit after a few hundred rounds.

Nickle said:

Pilgrim said:
Nickle said:

"Prickly" - that's EXACTLY the right word! I couldn't quite think of how to describe it.

The first time I held the AO, it totally put me off them. The second time, I realized that it was JUST the grips and, as such, would be VERY easy to fix...

Did you have the same experience with the slide release right out of the box? I locked the thing back, then went to hit the slide release and damn near broke my thumb off... :)

Like I said, my reference point is a mite skewed - it's really not fair comparing an almost 90 year old piece of history with a brand new gun...

C-pher,

Get the AO first. You won't regret it... ;)

Pilgrim said:
Nickle said:

"Prickly" - that's EXACTLY the right word! I couldn't quite think of how to describe it.

The first time I held the AO, it totally put me off them. The second time, I realized that it was JUST the grips and, as such, would be VERY easy to fix...

Did you have the same experience with the slide release right out of the box? I locked the thing back, then went to hit the slide release and damn near broke my thumb off... :)

Like I said, my reference point is a mite skewed - it's really not fair comparing an almost 90 year old piece of history with a brand new gun...

C-pher,

Pilgrim said:
Nickle said:

C-pher,

Back
Top Bottom