• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2nd Amendment doesn’t mean California must allow semiautomatic rifles, judge rules

Another ignorant moron who will, hopefully, rue the day she made this asinine ruling, when SCOTUS shuts it, and many other anti-Constitutional (a la MA) edicts DOWN!

Another ignorant moron who will, hopefully, rue the day she made this asinine ruling, when SCOTUS shuts it, and many other anti-Constitutional (a la MA) edicts DOWN!

Meanwhile, millions of citizens are placed in jeopardy. That judge needs to leave earth and go to the actual utopian planet she thinks she's living on.

I feel like judges should have to know something (anything) about firearms before ruling on cases relating to firearms.
I Agree...but they don’t need to know about firearms. Shall not be infringed is pretty cut and dry. They don’t need to know how to program computer code or how the technical mechanics of how a cell phone works to understand Free Speech.

California is a very large and diverse state. There are plenty of 'red' towns, cities, and voting districts, though they are grossly overshadowed by the loony left. Rather than throw the baby out with the bath water, I'd ask NESers to consider their brothers and sisters out there.

The lowest estimate of CA gun owners is 2.5M, though the expectation for more realistic stats is ~15% of the 40M population = 6M. Think about six million pissed off gun owners, many of whom have mostly gone dark over the latest rounds of unconstitutional laws. Those judges are not only idiots because we hate their decisions, they are idiots because they don't know when to stop. What's going to happen when the gun owners are pushed out of their quiet corners? Is there a 3% among them? That would be 180,000 three percenters. California National Guard has a strength of 23,000.

As much as we like to think guns are the primary issue, in CA there are millions more who are fed up with liberal programs and the oppressive taxes required to support the programs. That situation is getting close to pushing the earners over the edge, at least the ones who have not already bailed out.

There's a lot of solid logic in this post, but I doubt those 180,000 shooters will ever hide behind their blades of grass. I think it's FAR more likely that sheriffs in the red counties and CoPs in the red towns will simply quietly fail to enforce a lot of these wackier laws. CA will still have millions of killy black guns, but the normals out there will just pretend they don't, and since their owners are a lot like us, they won't be used to hose down tens of thousands of innocent civilians.

DADT, I suspect, will be the order of the day in many CA communities.

It's pretty much DADT now in the red towns / counties. I have heard firsthand a couple accounts of LEO's shooting alongside civvies at rural clubs not caring in the least about hardware that is Fed compliant but not necessarily compliant with the latest Cali bullshit.

There are literally millions who are tired of all the crap. Many of them have left for TX, AZ, ID, etc., but many remain. Before I made Tennessee my home, I was a California native from one of the 3 coastal counties that voted R in the last (and pretty much every) governor and presidential election. Note that though LA County is blue, surprisingly it's only a lighter blue. Almost 40% of Californians voted against that Jerry Brown Junior idiot Newsom and for Cox, representing about 15 million people including the households of the R voters. If they could make their own state, they would be the 5th largest state right between NY and PA. Unfortunately they are suppressed by a 2 party system with a growing majority of libtards.

This map of 2018 governor votes by county makes me both happy and sad. At least my home county is still fighting the good fight...
300px-CA_2018_gubernatorial_primary.svg.png

Unfortunately, the granularity of the Republic is states. We can't kick out counties. Hell, technically, we can't even kick out states presently! But they're the co-sovereign under our system.

What's the green? Imperial County's three voters showed up and pulled the lever for Istvan or Wildstar?

LAC has an awful lot of conservatives living there. And a whole lot of immigrants from south of California tend to be conservative in a lot of ways, largely because they're hyper-Catholic.

From wikipedia:

A semi-automatic rifle typically has an effective firing rate of 40 rounds per minute. A large part of the reason that this is so low, is that the recoil of firing a round pushes the gun's aim off target. The time it takes to "reacquire" the target slows the effective firing rate.[4] The Army Study Guide lists the sustained rate of fire for an M4 Rifle at 12 to 15 rounds per minute.[5]

What's the green? Imperial County's three voters showed up and pulled the lever for Istvan or Wildstar?

LAC has an awful lot of conservatives living there. And a whole lot of immigrants from south of California tend to be conservative in a lot of ways, largely because they're hyper-Catholic.

LOL regarding Imperial.

Got that right about many of the Latinos- very conservative.

From wikipedia:

A semi-automatic rifle typically has an effective firing rate of 40 rounds per minute. A large part of the reason that this is so low, is that the recoil of firing a round pushes the gun's aim off target. The time it takes to "reacquire" the target slows the effective firing rate.[4] The Army Study Guide lists the sustained rate of fire for an M4 Rifle at 12 to 15 rounds per minute.[5]
Those "words" and their "meanings" again.

iu

I think the biggest problem we have with the courts today is that collectively they are now seen as being “supreme” among the three branches of government. This was never meant to be the case of course but unfortunately, it appears this is what is now being accepted as reality.

Conversely and consequently, the other two branches are throwing their hands up and making excuses for not protecting us law-abiding citizens. They’re simply saying “the courts have spoken, I guess there’s nothing we can do”.

Impeaching Marxist progressive judges needs to become a common thing - and fast.

I don't get why supposedly pro-2A people argue that guns are needed for self defense. That's not the purpose of 2A,and it just confuses ignorant judges like this guy.

I think the biggest problem we have with the courts today is that collectively they are now seen as being “supreme” among the three branches of government. This was never meant to be the case of course but unfortunately, it appears this is what is now being accepted as reality.

Conversely and consequently, the other two branches are throwing their hands up and making excuses for not protecting us law-abiding citizens. They’re simply saying “the courts have spoken, I guess there’s nothing we can do”.

Impeaching Marxist progressive judges needs to become a common thing - and fast.

Is 'impeaching' a euphemism for something? Should be... :D

One more term of Trump should make a huge difference. Then again maybe. If we place all of our trust in judges then we don't know what we will get except for a maybe someday type of answer. I did vote fro Trump though because I did know back in 2016 that there was only one other time in the history of country, around 1880, that so many judges needed to be nominated to the bench. The Trump effect will last long after he is gone. I would like to see a second term so he can cement his place in history.

Nope. Just build walls around the cities and boot them from California. Maybe give those cities to North Korea in return for no nukes.

The rest of CA is pretty valuable. But not the dem shitholes.

So maybe a 50 or 75 mile radius from the centers of Los Angeles and San Fran, build a wall around each? And of course the one along the southern border.

I'm good with that.

Judge the 2A says you don't get a say in what arms the people can bear since you're not allowed to infringe upon that right.

Back
Top Bottom