.22s are great fun

OK here it is. My Ruger 77/22 in .22 LR with a nice Leupold. Nothing too fancy but it is scary accurate. I am having a fun shooting it, and teaching my 11 year old son. It does not get any better than this for me.

Christmas2005054.jpg
[/IMG]

Regards,
Chris

Do they make a "youth" model 77/22, something lighter than the typical 10/22? My daughter finds the 10/22 too large and heavy to handle properly.

Ruger 77/22: $450.00 special order at Four Seasons
Leupold VX-III 3-9X40 $275 on sale at Dick's sporting goods
Heavy duty Leupold rings: $20.00 shipped from E-bay
Weigand HD scope mount: $25.00 shipped from E-bay

Putting round after round of .22 through a hole the size of a half-dollar at 100 yards: priceless.

Regards,
Chris

Since you guys liked the rifle, here's a shot of his little brother. Again, nothing fancy, but very accurate and lots of fun. Its my Ruger Mark III with Leupold Red Dot.

1010539f.jpg
[/IMG]

Regards,
Chris

Chris those are gawjus!

I'm a Ruger lover too. I've got the same Mark III, bull barrel, stainless etc. Just no scope. It's probably the gun I shoot the most. Don't have the same rifle though. I just have a 10/22 in polymer and stainless,but I love the hell out of it. I haven't gotten into using scopes though. I just shoot my rifle at 35 feet using the sights. I'll have to post some pics some day.

Thanks for the compliments on my humble .22s. Some of the high-end .22 shooters at my club look down on my Rugers, but I think for the money you can not buy a better .22 pistol or rifle. Not that they were cheap, with probably just over $1200 invested in both, which is a lot of money to me, but I think they are a great value. I'm saving money now shooting dirt cheap .22 instead of the more expensive center-fire stuff. I think they're purdy too. My 11 year old son thinks the rifle is the greatest thing going and the pistol looks like Han Solo's from Star Wars. He can shoot each fairly well and we are enjoying some great father-son time. To me, thats what its all about.

Regards,
Chris

Back
Top Bottom