.22lr conversion units, for AR-15, Mini-14, AK in 223 or .30 cal

swik

Banned
can be had from Ciener Firearms. Google for them. $150 or so. 3/4 lb, so you need not settle for having JUST a centerfire, or JUST a rimfire, you can have either one with just a 20 second parts swap. I have personal knowledge of a dozen of these units, all group 2" or better at 50 yds. A few have needed a fluff and buff to be reliable. This unit is superb for training and quite servicable for braining livestock, deer, dogs or men, or taking small game. 223's are 40 rds to the lb, 30 AK rds are 22 to the lb, 22lr's are 135 to the lb.

There is more .22lr ammo made here and imported into the US than all other calibers combined, and I do include shotshells. The number is like 8 BILLION rds per year. Even the N Guard armories have .22lr, for their .22 conversions for the M16's, and for the match pistols and rifles. it is by far the most likely ammo to be found or bartered for.

It is very easy to stow away 1000's of such rds, very easy to carry 500 rds, and without modern med care, a .22 in you means death in a week or so, of infection, after lots of pain. So it is no joke, my man. A 30 cal for which you only have 5 rds left is far inferior to a 22 autorifle for which you have 100 rds, when there will be no more such things made for many years.

Is this some sort of advertisement or are you simply singing the praises of Ceiner conversions?

Either way I'm gonna grab the popcorn. Any thread that contains talk of .22LR coupled with suggestions of complete societal breakdown make for entertaining reading.

Last edited:
I have no interest in the companies that make such things. I have no knowledge about other types of .22 units. I DO have a lot of experience with the Cieners.

Back
Top Bottom