• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

22lr Conversion Kit for the M&P 9/40/45

Mil-Dot

Instructor
NES Member
Boy would I like one. I've searched and searched but have not found one yet. With all of the Glock conversions kits out there one would expect to see the same for the popular M&P pistol line. [thinking]

Boy would I like one. I've searched and searched but have not found one yet. With all of the Glock conversions kits out there one would expect to see the same for the popular M&P pistol line. [thinking]

my train of thought on these .22LR conversion kits is to just buy another gun.

the ones for the Glock run around $250ish. i'd rather buy a used Sig Mosquito or Ruger Mk-series vs. get one of these kits.

of course, just my opinion.

I own a Glock 23 and an M&P40, i don't really care for these kits.

i do use a lonewolf 9mm conversion barrel on the G23 though. now that is cool.

my train of thought on these .22LR conversion kits is to just buy another gun.

the ones for the Glock run around $250ish. i'd rather buy a used Sig Mosquito or Ruger Mk-series vs. get one of these kits.

of course, just my opinion.

I own a Glock 23 and an M&P40, i don't really care for these kits.

i do use a lonewolf 9mm conversion barrel on the G23 though. now that is cool.

Do you use the G19 mags?

M&P conversion kits

Advantage Arms has no plans to make a kit for the M&P. They said they're too busy making kits for Glocks and 1911's. I won't ask Ciener because I know he won't answer me. He won't even tell you the status of your order unless you send him a check for $10.00. As for conversion kits, I think they're great. If you want to shoot a .22 for the fun of shooting, get a .22 handgun. If you want to practice with your carry gun without going broke on ammo, get a conversion kit. One is not better than the other. They do different jobs.

I read on another forum that a company known as TacSol (Tactical Solutions) has expressed some interest in creating an M&P .22LR kit. It was suggested there that folks Email that company directly. Google led me to lots of links, but I didn't find the one for the mfr, so I can't offer any further info as of right now.

ETA: When I did the Google, I used "Tactical Solution", thus lots of irrelevant hits. http://www.tacticalsol.com/store/pc/home.asp is the URL for this company.

Last edited:
I sent an email out to TacSol an hour ago (about a 22lr conversion kit for the M&P pistol line) and just receive this response:

Not at this time. But definitely a possibility here in the near future!

Kacey Woodburn
Tactical Solutions

e mailed tactical solutions and asked about kits for the M&P and m16. I received this reply about 3 hours ago. "That is something that we are not manufacturing at this time,but may be in the near future" I don't know if they were talking about the M&P or the m16 or both.

Here's my query and TacSol's reply.

Unfortunately I can not give you an exact ETA at this time. I did, however pass your email to the powers that be. I do believe we are in the middle of discussing when these will be coming out.

Kacey Woodburn
Tactical Solutions
(208)333-9901
Fax: (208)333-9909
[email protected]

Check us out @
www.tacticalsol.com
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 8:33 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Customer Service Request - M&P .22 Conversion Kits

It was reported that your folks mentioned at SHOT that you might make a
22 Conversion Kit for the M&P pistols.

Please be advised that I and a lot of my shooting buddies would be most
interested in such a product. And the interest increases with each
monthly price increase of centerfire ammo.

Can you give us any ETA for such a conversion kit?

Thanks.

I've actually been seriously considering getting a glock conversion kit or buying a new 22. There's mixed opinions out there (as always), but some say they don't like how conversions alter the weight and feel of the pistol. I would love to hear feedback from someone who might have both? My main goal would be for cheaper ammo funzies, not so much as accurate target training.

The AA .22LR slide on the G17 is a lot lighter, but it needs to be to function properly with .22s. They make a fun gun for practice, even though not identical in weight.

I think we'll be whistling a long time waiting for the M&P .22 conversion kit! Hope I'm wrong.

I also use an Advantage Arms kit on a glock 17 and it works great. The 1911kits I've used have sometimes been a little sluggish, especially in the cold. The Glock seems to cycle just as fast with the kit as with the stock upper.

Bump on a 5 1/2 year old thread because I'm looking for one and can't find anything.[/QUOTE

Darn it, I didn't realize it was 5 years old starting at the top. First I got teased by the title because I thought that it meant there was one available. Then I saw the emails and hoped there was one coming soon. I guess there is just nothing huh?

Darn it, I didn't realize it was 5 years old starting at the top. First I got teased by the title because I thought that it meant there was one available. Then I saw the emails and hoped there was one coming soon. I guess there is just nothing huh?
I looked around for about 45 minutes--nothing. The average response is "just by the .22 M&P pistol. It's only $420."

Not quite what I had in mind. Though I did come across a bunch of stuff over the past few years of varying dates that Apex had one in the works, and was working hard on it. I wonder if the .22 shortage slowed progress.

I looked around for about 45 minutes--nothing. The average response is "just by the .22 M&P pistol. It's only $420."

Not quite what I had in mind. Though I did come across a bunch of stuff over the past few years of varying dates that Apex had one in the works, and was working hard on it. I wonder if the .22 shortage slowed progress.

Check in on the M&P Pistol forum. I haven't been back there in a long time, but those guys would know of any rumors/progress in a conversion kit.

Advantage Arms has no plans to make a kit for the M&P. They said they're too busy making kits for Glocks and 1911's. I won't ask Ciener because I know he won't answer me. He won't even tell you the status of your order unless you send him a check for $10.00. As for conversion kits, I think they're great. If you want to shoot a .22 for the fun of shooting, get a .22 handgun. If you want to practice with your carry gun without going broke on ammo, get a conversion kit. One is not better than the other. They do different jobs.

I just ordered an AA kit for my Glock 19. And even though I reload I think in the long run it's a good investment. For me the purpose is to be able to practice a lot during the winter months without depleting my stock of 9mm which I will use for next season.

I was referring to a conversion kit, not the gun itself.

As for the M&P 22, check elsewhere. [wink]

My main purpose is to teach NRA BP classes with it. If I'm teaching so people can get their BPS cert, I should really teach with a setup students can easily buy when they get their LTC.

My main purpose is to teach NRA BP classes with it. If I'm teaching so people can get their BPS cert, I should really teach with a setup students can easily buy when they get their LTC.

It'll probably be MA certified in another year or two! [rolleyes]

I don't look at teaching as necessarily pushing a particular model of gun to the students. That's why if they want to shoot 9mm I always bring both Glock and M&P. [wink]

It'll probably be MA certified in another year or two! [rolleyes]

I don't look at teaching as necessarily pushing a particular model of gun to the students. That's why if they want to shoot 9mm I always bring both Glock and M&P. [wink]

I'm not trying to push a particular model at all. The M&P is simply a good example of DAO stiker pistol, and you could get the same model in 9mm for a student that wanted to try a centerfire caliber.

It strikes me as a crappy thing to do (as well as against the training instructor's advice) to your new-to-shooting students: "Oh you really like shooting that gun? Sucks for you, it ain't MA compliant. Good luck paying out the ass for one in a FTF transfer."

Walking into a gun store, a new student or shooter is going to be overwhelmed with the handgun options, even if they're limited by MA compliance. There's a good chance a brand new shooter is likely going to want the gun they took the class with if only because they've already learned how to use that particular model.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom