.223 Stripper Clips

Chris

NES Member
Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.
Anyone know a good source for new/like new 5.56x45/.223 stripper clips at a decent price? Couple places I've tried to order from won't ship to MA. I'm looking for about 150-200 and would like to spend under $30.

I should pick up a few spoons while I'm at it too.

Thanks

Thanks for that link. I have been looking for good prices on repack kits, and he sure has them!

Yup. Nice deal on the Repack kits. $30 gets you almost enough to pack 2 full ammo cans complete with stripper clips, boxes, bandoliers, and spoon.

OK, so I spent more than I stated, but I got me 2 of the 12 pack deals. (^_^) That should help facilitate loading up some of those Group Buy cans I have lying around. (^_^)

Is there a link to how to get the rounds from the stripper clips to the mags? I've been trying and suck royally at it...am I missing somethign?

Have you been trying to use you thumb? That only works for 1903's, SMLE's and SKS's.

Put the spoon over the mag, insert the stripper, then use the edge of a bench or even your buttstock to push the rounds into the mag.

I didn't buy any repack kits, but I just got my order of one dozen N.O.S. Colt 1911 mags from Old Sarge for $58.95.

Hmmmm My order hasn't arrived yet. If it isn't here today, I'll have to make a call.

I guess I spoke too soon. My package was waiting for me when I got home yesterday. I charged up 4 full bandoleers last night, and I have to say, I don't like these new style ones as much as I like the old ones. The flap that covers the pouch doesn't come far enough over to securely hold the full strippers in if you had this thing slung and were running or something like that, and I can't figure out why all the extra material is there at the bottom. I wish I could find some more of the water proof ones that I have. They have are nylon, coated with rubber, and the pockets snap shut.

The ones I got are the same design as the bandoliers I have in my can of M855 and those bandoliers all match the can for lot number so I'm pretty sure that's the way it is now.

Those weatherproof snap shut ones sound cool.

I too wonder what the extra flap of material is all about. Seems like such a waste, but I'm sure there is some reason for it. Just be sure to fold it to the inside of the accordion or packing the ammo can is a lot harder. (Wanna guess how I know?)

Thinking about it now, I wonder if those are like dual purpose bandoleers? I wonder if they simply make 1 bandoleer, for use with either stripper clips, or fully loaded mags. The only difference being that that stitching is at the bottom to close off the void if it only has stripper clips in it?

I think we have a BINGO.

Just looked at the stuff I got with my AR, and sure enough there is a 4 pocket pouch without the stitching and 30 rounders fit in it nicely. From the looks of it, the stitching was pulled out. I wonder if it's designed to be a an easy conversion? Well, as I use up the ammo I'll have to see.

I think we have a BINGO.

Just looked at the stuff I got with my AR, and sure enough there is a 4 pocket pouch without the stitching and 30 rounders fit in it nicely. From the looks of it, the stitching was pulled out. I wonder if it's designed to be a an easy conversion? Well, as I use up the ammo I'll have to see.

You are correct. The bandos are designed to be deployed with the strippers and ammo. After you load the mags, pull the string and presto! You can now carry 4 extra 30 rounders. Leave the string in, and you can carry 4 20 rounders.

Big +1 here on Ol'Sarge. My 3 repack kits arrived yesterday, and I had just ordered them Sunday night. So he processed my order Monday, and the stuff came Friday....damn. He does a great job packaging it all too.

Question: What's the safety pin for that comes on the bandoliers??? I used to to attatch a stripper spoon to each one. For cheap money it truly is a better way to keep your ammo stored and in a more "ready" or easily useable state. Plus, I find it rather relaxing and fun loading them up.

Last edited:
I think I've found a new addiction...just ordered more kits from Old Sarge....now I just have to get some more ammo to put in them!

I think I've found a new addiction...just ordered more kits from Old Sarge....now I just have to get some more ammo to put in them!

[laugh2]
Same here, though I have been able to fight the urge to break open all my battle packs and put them into bandoleers!

Question: What's the safety pin for that comes on the bandoliers??? I used to to attatch a stripper spoon to each one. For cheap money it truly is a better way to keep your ammo stored and in a more "ready" or easily useable state. Plus, I find it rather relaxing and fun loading them up.

I have been told that you are supposed to safety pin the strap to you uniform top. Than way the strap doesn't slide off of your shoulder.

I guess that could make sense. So of course, now that I have the newest order of kits coming, I just HAD to stop in at Dicks and pick up 400 more rounds.[smile]

Back
Top Bottom