• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mini14/30 580+ series stripper clip guide in development

See this thread at Perfect Union:
http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/showthread.php?t=158609

Stainless and blued versions will be available. Attaches to the factory tapped scope mounts to allow use of USGI, Thermold, and soviet stripper clips 5.56 and 7.62. Cost around the same as a single mini factory mag.

Now if only someone made a sight replacement which allowed for use of m14/m1a dovetail front sight blades and better rear sights than the mediocre Techsights.

Maybe this guy making the clip guide and supplement this project with a M1 garand rear sight set up that can be mounted to many platforms.

RELEASED![party]

These are for the 582+ rifles and use the mounting holes for the factory scope rail.

The webpages used for ordering are listed out below:
For Mini 14's (USGI clips) Click here
For Mini 14's (Thermold clips) Click here
For Mini 30's Click here

try: greetings15 as a coupon code. If it works it is 15% off your order. If it doesn't work try SHOPSHIPSEP17 for free shipping.

Last edited:
Thermold guide in black matte steel arrived today. Installed and works perfectly.
2PqYjmu.jpg

OHLwB6u.jpg

flx3PZI.jpg

T9H3P9J.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3170.jpg
    IMG_3170.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Mini-14 front sight dovetail

This is the replacement front site dovetail also available from Coletrain from PerfectUnion forums through Shapeways. The M14/M1A post in the photos is a Smith Industries tritium sight. Fits perfectly without any filing.

SAHFSaK.jpg

qgXt3CH.jpg

ecsHSwx.jpg

9CifIXG.jpg

TtBEJWU.jpg

I don't understand why, why not just make an adaptor for mini14 to actually accept regular comblock mags as oppose to overpriced ruger crap.

I don't understand why, why not just make an adaptor for mini14 to actually accept regular comblock mags as oppose to overpriced ruger crap.

It's a workaround for magazine ban states and California. Plus a 15 dollar stripper clip guide for either USGI clips included with ammo or reusable Thermold clips which are $2 for a bag of 10 is still cheaper. Stripper clips are also a lot lighter than magazines, and if you are already stuck with 10 round mags or a bullet button, why not?

Those assemblies are metal. It's just the matte finish the 3d printed metal has which looks like Derlin/Nylon. There's no easy way to create threads with 3d printing from Shapeways, so the only way to accomplish a connection is screw and nut.

Those assemblies are metal. It's just the matte finish the 3d printed metal has which looks like Derlin/Nylon. There's no easy way to create threads with 3d printing from Shapeways, so the only way to accomplish a connection is screw and nut.

Are you sure? They say Thermold and that's plastic injection.
But even if I was mistaken on the material, the problem of not taking threads remains. I would think machining those simple side plates would be easy, and then you wouldn't need those dam nuts. Just my opinion on what would make them more attractive to buyers.

There are two versions: one slotted for Thermold stripper clips (Canada & NATO) the other for steel USGI spec stripper clips.

These are 3D printed on demand from Shapeways for the designer whom is just a guy on Perfect Union forums. One could tap their own threads.

Edit: Guy now has a storefront website so he can provide the hardware.

Cogburn Arsenal

Last edited:
Took some photos after all this time:
OtJoauG.jpg

Tech sights, Cogburn Arsenal stripper clip guide, Choate Machine Tool ventilated handguard, Accu-Strut, Cogburn Arsenal M1A/M14 pin on dovetail sight base, Smith Industries Tritium M1A bar sight, John Masen post 580 series pin on muzzle brake, Wilson Combat 1911 buffer at the rear of the operating rod, and and Accuracy Systems Inc reduced gas bushing. Pretty much made it a 5.56 M1A out of boredom.
ojuYjd2.jpg

Brake is secured with green Loctite and a longer roll pin to the new sight base. If I ever wanted to swap out the stock for a fixed pistol grip type I'd be able to remove the entire muzzle device assembly and add the factory sight or a new dovetail base to maintain AWB compliance (well it is a "brake" so it shouldn't be an AWB issue, but with Queen Maura, I don't know). The Tritium sight is a wider blade and easier on the eyes. I don't expect to ever shoot this rifle further than 100 yards anyway.

RuaSGrL.jpg

As you can see the sight, base, and brake all match, but the bluing is different than the barrel.

7tEChqv.jpg

Tech-Sight has taller protective ears and the stripper clip guide is a nice matte finish well below the field of vision.
Q0RDmfT.jpg

Tech-Sight aperture and adjustment is leaps and bounds above the stock sights.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom