21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

I guess I spent too many years in security and talking security at my other job, and dealing with other shit

And the last time I was in a school building I delivered pizza to my 4th grade teacher or to "vote"

It's understandable, but we have to be careful not to project. Most people who teach in elementary schools are NOT like us in any way, especially in how they think about threats or violence. There's a reason they want to work with little kids.

They're not cowards; when these events happen, they almost always sacrifice themselves to cover their students. But the idea that they could ever prepare themselves and their environment to better handle a crisis? That's not in their mindset.

Unfortunately, a lot of their administrators are the same. It's a problem.

Shameful that schools have yet to be hardened, they have had years to do so and while it is questionable just how effective they can be any effort has to be better than an unlocked door.

You can harden them but you can’t remove the human factor that props a door open so they can go out and have a smoke or the student that lets his buddy or drug dealer in.

It's understandable, but we have to be careful not to project. Most people who teach in elementary schools are NOT like us in any way, especially in how they think about threats or violence. There's a reason they want to work with little kids.

They're not cowards; when these events happen, they almost always sacrifice themselves to cover their students. But the idea that they could ever prepare themselves and their environment to better handle a crisis? That's not in their mindset.

Unfortunately, a lot of their administrators are the same. It's a problem.
Understood.

And I agree teachers are not cowards. Im relsted to one. And they are one of the strongest minded, student focused individual I personally know. They are one of us.

It's a tragedy that a f***ing coward would go to an elementary school and do this act. But people need to also have plans and practiced plans to react and limit damage. But those plans also need strict rules of engagement so that they dont go the other way

Understood.

And I agree teachers are not cowards. Im relsted to one. And they are one of the strongest minded, student focused individual I personally know. They are one of us.

It's a tragedy that a f***ing coward would go to an elementary school and do this act. But people need to also have plans and practiced plans to react and limit damage. But those plans also need strict rules of engagement so that they dont go the other way
Plans like idk, allowing teachers to carry guns?

You can harden them but you can’t remove the human factor that props a door open so they can go out and have a smoke or the student that lets his buddy or drug dealer in.
I dont work in schools but this is accurate. The most secure door in the world can pretty easily be negated by the average human. At any given time more than half of the doors at our places are unsecured for one reason or another, almost all due to something that someone did to make it that way. Unless you have someone stationed 24/7 at every door, youll never have 100% security. Its a constant struggle.

Nothing wrong with having a boyfriend. How is it off topic? David Hogg, I and everyone on this earth are always trying to find that final solution that will ensure no kids will ever be murdered ever again. Just fishing for ideas.
Lol David Hogg doesn't care about children he cares about exploitation of their death for his own gain. If he cared about children getting killed he'd be talking about fixing the mental health disaster in this country which is the sole source of like 2/3rds of these things.

Stop. Just stop. Not everything is a false flag. There is crazy walking around, this is the price we pay for letting them.
He’s not entirely wrong. There definetily is plenty of crazy running around and there’s also shooters who have direct family links to the FBI. Pulse shooter for instance

Back
Top Bottom