1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2019 Appleseed Events in New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Appleseed Rifle Training' started by FiremanBob, Dec 22, 2018.

1. daekken

daekken NES Member

That would have been the smart play. Instead I'm getting the truck inspection done; tomorrow I'll still go to the range. I moved my ticket to April.

I picked up a revolver after work, too, so that's some consolation.

2. mac1911

mac1911 NES Member

You really need to see a Eye Dr who understands shooters needs. Im not up on what the numbers mean. Arms length in everything is blurred. i need +1.50 for work and reading.
    Shooting. The rear notch and front post dont come into focus with out help. I use from +.25 to +.75 depending on target distance.
    At 600 if i use +.75 i get a little seasick/headache feeling trying to see down range. The bull is getting harder to see all together.
    I use Dr. Ginsberg of Natick Eye Associates. Hes here on nes and a shooter.

3. FiremanBob

FiremanBob NES Member

I'm sorry we had to do that. We stretch to every possible extreme to make sure events go through as planned. But the situation here was unavoidable.

Whichever one we do next will be my first in NH. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Question for all y' all who have women in your family - What would be your womenfolks' interest in a Ladyseed?

4. daekken

daekken NES Member

I'm actually seeing the eye doc on Tuesday. I was friends with him before he started becoming a doctor (we played basketball together among other things). I'll try to bring up the topic.

5. mac1911

mac1911 NES Member

You could mock up a length of rod and glue a .050-075" wide " post" on front and your best to do a rear aperture make it the distance between sights as same as or average of your rifles. Bring it with you and explain (if he does not shoot ) with your props what your trying to do.
    You and Dr need to find a balance. Between focus on the front sights and seeing well enough down range. He should be placing corrective test lens inbetween your eye and apperture ?

6. slap shot

slap shot NES Member

With this crazy wind I'm kinda glad it was cancelled.

7. jpk

jpk

There's another even scheduled for April.....

8. daekken

daekken NES Member

Yes; had them transfer my ticket to that event. Actually heading over to Pelham in about 10 minutes to setup what would be my backup rifle; I've only put 60 rounds through it. Not a Winterseed, of course, but the wind this weekend would have added an extra difficulty factor.