2015 Area 7 match dates?

Have they announced them anywhere or does anyone have any inside scoop as to when it would be? Just need to put in my 2015 leave at work by Dec 31st ad want to make sure to get the time off. Thanks.

I think the 2014 match it was announced around February of this year, so it will probably be a few more months before we know.

The Area Director (David Bold) is currently shopping for venue(s).

One possibility being explored is separating it into two events - one for restricted capacity weapons in NY, and one for the other divisions in a less restrictive state.

But, he has to find a club willing to do the work first.

rob

Ok guys thanks. Well if I don't get a leave date in I guess that's what sick days are for LOL

Already have Dan but just trying to plan matches for the year now. All the other Areas have dates in place for 2015 except 7. Was just wondering if i had missed it.

Already have Dan but just trying to plan matches for the year now. All the other Areas have dates in place for 2015 except 7. Was just wondering if i had missed it.

Rob, you haven't missed it. I think that the politics in the states here present a somewhat unique circumstance for holding matches.

I just joined the area 7 FB page in hopes of getting notification of the area 7 match as well.... I would really like to shoot it this year ( hopefully registration might allow more local shooters a good shot at getting in )

Rob, you haven't missed it. I think that the politics in the states here present a somewhat unique circumstance for holding matches.

Area 7 consists of the New England states plus New York. New York is "out", unless the idea of having a separate match for the 10 round divisions comes to reality. MA is interesting, and there is debate about the exact meaning of the competitor exemption (though in decades of matches, no one has run into a problem), plus, the exemption clearly does not cover foreigners.

So, you have the MA clubs, as well as some in Maine, Sig in NH (they were not interested in renewing after the last one), Manville in RI (way to small).

The part of Area Director that I certainly don't miss is the responsibility of finding an Area Championship venue.

Help out at monthly matches anyway you can. Get there early to help set up, stay late cleaning up. Make friends with the folks who run the monthly matches. Volunteer to work at the area match, and you will get a spot to shoot.

Our sport is run by volunteers at all levels. The local monthly matches need your support.

Rob, yeah our area sucks for sure. It's the reason I only shoot L10 and SS. VT has a club where they run the VT Classic. Wonder if that would work. I am sure where ever it is L10, SS and Prod will be the heavy classes.

SJan, I do what I can with my work schedule. Don't work a 9-5 M-F job so I stay after and clean up but I barely get to some matches as I get out of work at 730am. I would volunteer at the Area but can't again due to work. Maybe if the date was out before Dec and I was able to take leave but not now for sure.

I just joined the area 7 FB page in hopes of getting notification of the area 7 match as well.... I would really like to shoot it this year ( hopefully registration might allow more local shooters a good shot at getting in )

Do you have the link for the FB page? I searched and can't find it. I'm hoping to get a match or two under my belt this year.

Back
Top Bottom