• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2014 USPSA Area 7 - Stages

There has been some movement on the waiting list.
Also, if you have decided after seeing these excellent stages that you must shoot them: It still isn't too late to volunteer as staff and shoot Friday.
We are always happy to have a few more good men or women.
Steve

Dan, with online registration it filled up in maybe a day. You can practice with your limited gun in the meantime.

I'm not really that upset... Im not good enough to do this match justice anyway but I do feel bad for some of the real good shooters that are going to have to sit this one out.

I'll be there next year

Really? I have to check on that weekend. I'm pretty new to USPSA, would that still be ok?

I'm sure there's plenty of menial tasks that you can help with, those port-a-johns ain't gonna clean themselves! [rofl]

My first A7 match a couple of years ago I shot with staff on Friday and ran the scoring device Sat and Sunday, we swapped off with it so there was plenty of time for me to take pics as well. It gives you an interesting perspective watching so many people attack the same stage in different ways, good learning experience.

Perhaps AD7 should consider a two opening dates for registration next year - one for Area 7 residents, and one for everyone else opening up a week or so later. It can be difficult for shooters when demand for slots exceeds supply.

i only have a handful of matches under my belt...anything i'm good for?

There has been some movement on the waiting list.
Also, if you have decided after seeing these excellent stages that you must shoot them: It still isn't too late to volunteer as staff and shoot Friday.
We are always happy to have a few more good men or women.
Steve

Perhaps AD7 should consider a two opening dates for registration next year - one for Area 7 residents, and one for everyone else opening up a week or so later. It can be difficult for shooters when demand for slots exceeds supply.

Rob, this is a good idea. I believe other areas do something similar. Some of the major 3 gun matches have similar policies, giving previous years shooters a head start.

I'm sure there's plenty of menial tasks that you can help with, those port-a-johns ain't gonna clean themselves! [rofl]

My first A7 match a couple of years ago I shot with staff on Friday and ran the scoring device Sat and Sunday, we swapped off with it so there was plenty of time for me to take pics as well. It gives you an interesting perspective watching so many people attack the same stage in different ways, good learning experience.

I think working the port-a-john would be fine! As long as I don't have to work the Johns (different meaning there!) I'm looking to see if I can get that whole weekend free, if so I would be very down for helping. I'll message you Steve if I find out.

2014 Area 7 is finally here! the match starts for me tomorrow when the chaps and I pack up the props and head down to start setting up on our pit. Gonna be a good match, can't wait to shoot!

Things are shap'n up and stages are coming together...gonna be a good match! our guys just have a few things to button up tomorrow after two full days setting up then we'll be ready for you gamers to find the angles we didn't think of [wink]

The stages were great! I had an lot of fun shooting them, even the short courses were creative and presented a challenge.

A big thank you to the New Bedford club for hosting the match. Thank you to all the clubs that designed and ran the stages. Stages were good and pretty straightforward. The squad I was with, was very "participatory", I hope people know, or figure out what I mean.
My favorite stage of the match was Raiders of the Lost Ark. [cheers]

Back
Top Bottom