2011 USPSA AREA 7 HANDGUN CHAMPIONSHIPS

Before the rumors start flying:

2011 USPSA AREA 7 HANDGUN CHAMPIONSHIPS
SEPTEMBER 9-11, 2011
HARVARD SPORTSMEN'S CLUB
HARVARD, MA

10 Stages planned
$70.00 Match Fee

Applications are available at www.harvardactionshooters.com.

More details to follow as we figure them out, but get it on your calendar now.

A huge thank you to all the New England USPSA clubs for being part of our local major matches. It cannot happen without them.
American Firearms School, North Attleboro
Bass River Rod and Gun, Yarmouthport
Boston Urban Action Shooters, Dorchester
Hampden Rifle and Pistol, Hampden
Harvard Action Shooters, Harvard
Maine Practical Shooters, Augusta
Manville Rod and Gun, Manville
Monson Action Shooters, Monson
New Bedford Rod and Gun, North Dartmouth
Westfield Practical Shooters, Westfield

Last edited:
as much as I was looking forward to another 4 hour car ride to NY with Lugnut and MFP4073....

This is great news. Can't wait for the match.

as much as I was looking forward to another 4 hour car ride to NY with Lugnut and MFP4073....

This is great news. Can't wait for the match.

Yeah- that was an amazing ride... I think it was a tad more than 4 hours!

On a serious note- I'm psyched that A7 is at HSC!

Awesome! I can't wait for this match. I'm going to have to sign up on time as I have a wedding to attend on the 10th.

Awesome news, I was really hoping I wouldn't have to drive out to Fulton NY again. (The Harvard guys do a much better job too).

2011 USPSA Area 7 Handgun Championships - Application forms are now available on the Harvard Action Shooters website.

www.harvardactionshooters.com

Yes, the Area match is 70 bucks as opposed to 40 bucks for the Sectional last summer. We try to keep our Northeast Section major matches as reasonable as possible, but we do have a few more mandatory expenses related to an Area match (Level III event).

We try to keep our Northeast Section major matches as reasonable as possible, but we do have a few more mandatory expenses related to an Area match (Level III event).

This is almost certainly the cheapest Area Championship in the country. I've had other area directors ask me how Harvard can do it so cheaply, and I just tell them the club is trying to mitigate any risk that they might end up with a profit from the match.

Best deal on a match anywhere IMO. It could have been $200 (like some other matches we go to) and it would be worth it. Harvard never disappoints us!

Rob I might also add to your comment that A-7 and HAS has a solid group of dedicated volunteers that contribute time and resourses to make it happen for us all year in and year out. It is awesome!

This is almost certainly the cheapest Area Championship in the country. I've had other area directors ask me how Harvard can do it so cheaply, and I just tell them the club is trying to mitigate any risk that they might end up with a profit from the match.

The following is extracted directly from my son's math book:

"Profit" = "fewer available funds for shooters to purchase ammo."

"Less Ammo" = "bad thing"

Q.E.D.: "Profit" = "bad thing"

As long as Dan is on the topic of basic math, here are some numbers from me:

One word of caution - Harvard puts on a GREAT match, but there are many FEWER slots than at the A7 in update NY. There will be a staff day on Friday, plus 9 squads of 8 each on Sat and Sun - 144 weekend slots. The staff day will probably have about 30 people. A7/2010 had 244 shooters.

Harvard will be running "first come, first serve" for the match and choice shoot times - so visit http://www.harvardactionshooters.com/ and get your application in soon to avoid disappointment. I

Sorry- I meant the self squadding. I send me application about a week ago... yeah... I'm really looking forward to this. ;)
I expect to start sending the confirmation letters with self squadding info out in the mail my 2/7/11. Once I start, all registrations will be acked within one week (though usually faster than that).

Back
Top Bottom