2010 MetroWestTactical Nor'easter IDPA Match

I'm coming for you guys. Only 7 seconds behind Hanwei today. Also, Hanwei edged me out for a win on stage 1 by 0.05 seconds. It's amazing how practice helps :)

Great set of stages today. I definitely want to shoot the star again. Maybe with all 5 plates next time.

Great to see everyone out shooting today!!! Fun stuff... until my mag fell out of my gun at the long iindoor stage and I couldn't find it!!! Ouch that hurt! [laugh]

Always a great time regardless!

I'm still having trouble fingering out how you shot the texas star stage in 7 seconds.
Both me and my brother were pushing for it but didn't come anywhere near close to that.

I'm coming for you guys. Only 7 seconds behind Hanwei today. Also, Hanwei edged me out for a win on stage 1 by 0.05 seconds. It's amazing how practice helps :)

Great set of stages today. I definitely want to shoot the star again. Maybe with all 5 plates next time.

Well done Jeff!!!!!! I can see we will have to start taking ammo out of your mags :)

I'm still having trouble fingering out how you shot the texas star stage in 7 seconds.
Both me and my brother were pushing for it but didn't come anywhere near close to that.

Well... the SOs said that was the time and they checked the shots. A couple of my friends said it was a great run but they were suprised it was a tad under 8secs. The way it felt to me was there we basically no delays at all between shots after the targets on the left. After the 10th shot the 11th was quickly on a plate, then a good reload, two on the right paper and quickly over to the appearing last plate. I honestly don't think it could have went better. If you figure out a ~1.4draw, ~2 sec reload and .35 splits average it will get you there. Maybe a bit more for transitions than target splits. Maybe it was wrong we'll never know.

Either way it was a great run... but it doesn't really matter as I got destroyed on the indoor stage and you got best overall. Consistency wins matches, not just one good stage. Nice win on your part.

I had one of my reloads jam in my chamber with 3 shots left (granted 2 of the 3 were the plates) and my time was 9.11. Lugnut is a Master-class shooter, I'm a Marksman-class shooter. He needed to do his reload and fire the other 3 shots in addition to what I did before my gun broke. So, can a Master-class shave time with a faster reload, faster draw, faster time between shots compared to a Marksman? Of course! I can only say that I saw the clock and Lugnut's time is correct. The SO operating the clock scrolled through the times and confirmed. With that Texas Star it you hit the timing just right you can BAM-BAM get those two plates, but, if it swings behind the barrels it's going to take a while for them to swing back... Lugnut had a great run including a smooth reload (thanks Mr. MagWell) and posted a great time.

but it doesn't really matter as I got destroyed on the indoor stage

Sorry Lugnut... I gave you props on the Texas Star, but I have to agree with you regarding your performance on the long indoor stage... What Mr. MagWell giveth, he taketh away as well :) For those who weren't there, Lugnut's reload didn't quite seat and the mag fell onto the floor and slid one way and Lugnut was looking for it the other way - in the complete dark - it wasn't pretty!

Sorry Lugnut... I gave you props on the Texas Star, but I have to agree with you regarding your performance on the long indoor stage... What Mr. MagWell giveth, he taketh away as well :) For those who weren't there, Lugnut's reload didn't quite seat and the mag fell onto the floor and slid one way and Lugnut was looking for it the other way - in the complete dark - it wasn't pretty!

LMAO... yeah it was funny. I had a great time regardless. Sure I was frustrated but I wouldn't have missed it for anything!

Nice job man. I'm going to have to borrow that M&P Pro from you and check it ou... oh whoops... I think I just lost it...... [smile]

Well... the SOs said that was the time and they checked the shots. A couple of my friends said it was a great run but they were suprised it was a tad under 8secs. The way it felt to me was there we basically no delays at all between shots after the targets on the left. After the 10th shot the 11th was quickly on a plate, then a good reload, two on the right paper and quickly over to the appearing last plate. I honestly don't think it could have went better. If you figure out a ~1.4draw, ~2 sec reload and .35 splits average it will get you there. Maybe a bit more for transitions than target splits. Maybe it was wrong we'll never know.

Either way it was a great run... but it doesn't really matter as I got destroyed on the indoor stage and you got best overall. Consistency wins matches, not just one good stage. Nice win on your part.

De's not doubting your abilities... nor that the timer was working correctly... He means it at a compliment [smile] And it was fun trying to beat your time on that stage... even though we failed miserably [laugh]

It would have been great to have gotten your run on video... so the rest of us can see what awesomeness looks like [smile]

Thanks to all who have come to work, SO, play and have fun.
Thanks to Pat, moose chili was also great!

That was my first time having moose. It was mmm mmm good.

Oh I'm sure it was under 8 seconds...we were just set on beating it somehow and didn't come close.

Just wanted to thank everyone for a fun time. It was a lot of fun and really cool to put names to faces. Can't wait to do it again.

You've got to join the MWT yahoo group. They eventually post them on the MWT website but that takes a little while. PM your e-mail address and I can send you them.

Oh I'm sure it was under 8 seconds...we were just set on beating it somehow and didn't come close.

Maybe some day in the spring we can set that up again during a practice- it shouldn't be that hard. It was a fun stage for sure....

Results

Here they are for those of you that haven't seen them yet.

Attachments

• NOREASTER 2010 Match Results.pdf
    20.1 KB · Views: 22
Maybe some day in the spring we can set that up again during a practice- it shouldn't be that hard. It was a fun stage for sure....

If you're running a practice with the star, let me know. I prefer solo or one partner practices to groups, but getting some practice on the star would be worth it.

Some pics.

I'm having some issues with the videos as the camera used to record does not actually spit it out in a usable media format. (JVC piece of crap).
I will have them up soon I hope.

rswgnt.jpg

2zqx0eu.jpg

w8nrd5.jpg

2hgcw9u.jpg

Car stage, my last one of the day. Bare in mind, this was my second shoot, but I am hooked. [smile]

[video=facebook;1271528402557]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1271528402557[/video]

The 'texas star' stage and my one and only jam of the match [crying]

Tap (like you mean it) and rack.

I like how the cinematographer got both the nice side view along with the shot of you engaging the star. He should get some sort of award for that. [wink] [rofl]

I also like the sound of the dually idling in the background.

Last edited by a moderator:
Videos: (Some may still be processing on Youtube)
Not sure why the video quality is so horrible. Not my camera this time.

Underwhere

Hanwei

JC

Alex O

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom