• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2010 MetroWestTactical Nor'easter IDPA Match

Hello, fellow shooters.

New year is already here, as well as MetroWestTactical (MWT) winter match. This season, Nor'easter will take place on January 23, 2010 at Harvard Sportsmen's Club.
Registration starts at 9:15, safety briefing at 9:45. first shot at 10:00 am.
Expect to enjoy 2 indoor/low light, 4 outdoor stages.
Lunch will be available to purchase...and moose chili is coming (thanks to Pat).
Whether you are a seasoned shooter, or just want to give IDPA a try, come out to challenge New England weather with defensive pistol skills.
Gene- MD

MWT Group

Last edited:
Why don't you bring them to a practice so can be better prepared?

Both of them are from out of state. NY and DC.
If I can get them to a practice I will but the one from NY just started a new job so weekdays are difficult. He's also having a tough time finding any clubs around him that do any sort of practical shooting (Long Island).

Newbie question, are the practices held at the Harvard Club ? And would I find the dates on their web site, can a non member go ? Thanks

Newbie question, are the practices held at the Harvard Club ? And would I find the dates on their web site, can a non member go ? Thanks

metrowesttactical: They practice the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month. I'm not sure of the times as they recently switched to a 2 time slot practice (early/late). Somebody should have the updated times since they don't appear to be on their website.

metrowesttactical: They practice the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month. I'm not sure of the times as they recently switched to a 2 time slot practice (early/late). Somebody should have the updated times since they don't appear to be on their website.

Same dates- times are now 5-7 or 7:30-9:30 . $5/session. We encourage people to pick one session.

I attended my first match this past Saturday at Worcester Pistol & Rifle Club, and I am hooked. I am going to try like hell to get to this one, as well as bring some folks that are interested but never done this kind of thing. Thank you for feeding my crack addiction.

Hi Lopro, Yes... non-Harvard members may attend. Google "Metrowest Tactical Yahoo Group" and you can find a link to sign up for the MWT Yahoo site and you will receive emails with information on all practices and matches. Due to the demand we have expanded to two practice sessions on the two dates we practice each month. We practice on the 1st and 3rd Mondays, one practice starts at 5PM the other at 7:30PM. We ask that you pick one or the other time slot so that we can have a more manageable group size at each practice.

Hi Lopro, Yes... non-Harvard members may attend. Google "Metrowest Tactical Yahoo Group" and you can find a link to sign up for the MWT Yahoo site and you will receive emails with information on all practices and matches. Due to the demand we have expanded to two practice sessions on the two dates we practice each month. We practice on the 1st and 3rd Mondays, one practice starts at 5PM the other at 7:30PM. We ask that you pick one or the other time slot so that we can have a more manageable group size at each practice.

Would I be able to sign up for the pratice and match there on the Yahoo Group? If not where should I submit my information to hold my spot? Thanks in advance :)

No "sign ups" required for MWT practices or club match's. 1st and 3rd monday every month doors are open and you are welcomed.

Would I be able to sign up for the pratice and match there on the Yahoo Group? If not where should I submit my information to hold my spot? Thanks in advance :)

Match is this Saturday.
It’s a great practice for “Chili Monkey” one week after.
Registration will be in the clubhouse.
Let it snow.
Gene

That's not ridiculously cold. c'mon. That's just standard cold [grin]

I guess I'm going to be there as well. See you kids soon!

When should this match be wrapping up? Or How fast could this be done so I could get to work after? Remember work is in Great Barrington at 3pm.

Matches can run up to 1PM to 2PM, sometimes later.

You can always leave whenever you want though. There's no obligation to finish.

Its almost kind of warm....

That's not ridiculously cold. c'mon. That's just standard cold [grin]

I've been looking forward to the moose chili since November, you wont be the only disappointed one:)

WeedWhacker, this Moose Chili better be as amazing as you make it out to be or I'm going to be very disappointed [pot]

See ya all in the AM

I can confirm that the Moose Chili will be available for lunch

I also can confirm its delicious!!! I got a sneak preview of this wonderful dish this evening[smile] I have a feeling its going to be a hit at the lunch tables.

I got the match staff preview of the stages in my email today. New steel target is going to be fun times for sure!

What a fun match. Thanks to MWT and everyone that SO'd and ran the match. The stages were different and lots of fun. [grin]

...so.... are the scores up yet? [wink]

Great match. My squad had multiple squibs, which wasn't awesome, but fun regardless.

Wasn't too cold, no rain or snow. A great day.

Great to see everyone out shooting today!!! Fun stuff... until my mag fell out of my gun at the long iindoor stage and I couldn't find it!!! Ouch that hurt! [laugh]

Always a great time regardless!

Just saw the scores... awesome match.... again, had a great time!

The fact that my brother beat me by 7 seconds hurts my soul. [smile] ...But I'm cool with it...

.... [sad2]

He better get the videos up soon.........

Back
Top Bottom