2008 IDPA MA State Championship – June 7 & 8

The 2008 IDPA MA State Championship dates have been set: June 7 & 8, 2008. This will be the 12th year that the Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford has hosted this match.

Plans are for an 8 stage match, 2 of which will be the low-light/no-light variety on the indoor range so you'll need a flashlight (or you can borrow one). Squading will be 6 man squads on Saturday morning or Saturday afternoon. Sunday has 8 man squads starting in the morning. Match fee includes shirt, door prizes, etc. Breakfast and lunch will be available for purchase. Additional info can be found at: http://www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/schedules/IDPAMA2008.htm

How does something like this work? Winners for each devision? Sounds like fun, even for us lowly MM shooters... ---WillBrink

http://www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/schedules/IDPAMA2008.htm
http://www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/schedules/IDPAMA2008entry.txt

Yes, I think there will be winners for each division awards are awarded base on a minimum number of shooters.

Call/e-mail Dave Bold [email protected] and find out if there are any openings. I’m sure there will be as there is a USPSA match on the same weekend. When you fill out your entry form you select which day you wish to shoot. You’ll receive information on the shoot. Show up the day you've been assigned which will be the day you wish to shoot most likely. You’ll go through a big shooters meeting and you will be assigned to a squad. Squading is very flexible, you can pretty much select to shoot with any squad if there is room.

You might want to contact shooters you know and squad with them. Don’t worry if you don’t know any one that is going to shoot you are likely to see someone you know there. You will rotate through each stage shooting with the same squad. You stop for lunch and finish up the last couple of stages in the afternoon.

I don’t know if I’ll be shooting the match (if I did I’d be shooting with the SOs, or so I think) but I will likely be working it, so I hope to see you there.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Metrowest Tactical will be hosting two pits featuring four challenging stages at the state match. This state championship will be better than ever before, Dave Bold will make sure of that.

If you live in or near metrowest, come shoot IDPA with us at the Harvard Sportsmen's Club -- www.metrowesttactical.com.

Last edited:
Metrowest Tactical will be hosting two pits featuring four challenging stages at the state match.

Actually, that's at the New England Regional match in August. That match will feature stages and staff from Metrowest Tactical, CT Sport Shooters and the Rod & Gun club of New Bedford. It will be a great match.

For this match, the MA State Championship in June, there are less than 10 open spots for each of the three time-slots (Sat am, Sat pm and Sun). There are several people who are shooting this match and the Area 7 match on opposite days. Not a bad idea - how many other times do you get to shoot two Championship matches within an hour of each other on the same weekend!

So if you and a couple of buddies are interested in shooting, I'd suggest getting your entries in soon (and indicate on them who you want to shoot with - I'll do what I can to make sure the squadding requests are met). Also note that the match fee goes up $10 after 5/1.

This has always been a very friendly match with great Safety Officers and match staff (especially the registration table :) ). There is usually a good blend of fun and sometimes challenging shooting scenarios that's good for all skill levels.

I hope to see our good friend Mr. Kelly helping on the range :)

Do you have to have be "classified" to shoot the States?

I believe the answer is yes, but you would have to ask Dave Bold above. Perhaps one can sign up for the match (as space is limited) and make sure to be classified by the time the match happens, but that's a WAG on my part. Check with Dave.

Do you have to have be "classified" to shoot the States?---Knob Creek

Will is correct, you need to be Classified to shoot in a Sanctioned match. I think there is a Classifier 10 May in Pelham N. H. and one on 17 May at Harvard. The Harvard date might have been changed.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Confirmation letters went out to just about everyone so far. The only ones not sent out are from the last round of entries I got from the club's mail last night, so if you sent it before 4/18 (that was the earliest postmark of what I just processed), please contact me. If you just sent it in, I will be in touch shortly.

BTW: We have one spot for Saturday afternoon, just a couple left for Saturday morning and about 6 or so for Sunday. If you are planning to enter this match but haven't yet... time's running out.

If we sent an application with a requested time that's full, what happens? Do we get a different time, or get shut out? I prefer Saturday afternoon, but I can shoot any of the times if necessary.

Confirmation letters went out to just about everyone so far. The only ones not sent out are from the last round of entries I got from the club's mail last night, so if you sent it before 4/18 (that was the earliest postmark of what I just processed), please contact me. If you just sent it in, I will be in touch shortly.

BTW: We have one spot for Saturday afternoon, just a couple left for Saturday morning and about 6 or so for Sunday. If you are planning to enter this match but haven't yet... time's running out.

PM sent. I sent my check/application out on 4/15 but haven't heard anything yet.

-thanks

Update: There is 1 slot left for Sunday and 2 left for Saturday morning. After that I will start a waiting list. If you are interested in this match, please contact me.

The last round of confirmation letters are going out today (entries received after the 1st week in May).

Update: This match is full and a waiting list has been created. Anyone wishing to be added to the waiting list should call me (contact info listed on the entry form). Leave a voice-mail if you don't get a hold of me - I'll be at the range setting up.

Chrono stage: That has yet to be determined. I wouldn't rule it out.

Thanks to all the staff for a great match. I will not name names for fear of slighting someone but MAShooter, please thank them all for me.

To my squad mates, thanks for a great morning. If you can get me GOAL Cup info, please do. I need more practice.

Until Saturday's match, the thought of shooting with a man wearing a skirt made me uncomfortable. I'm over that fear now!

Thanks Round Gun.

ps. nice ass

DSC00725.jpg

Cross-X in the zone:
DSC00729.jpg

Our boys from NBPD:
DSC00732.jpg

The Master himself...Mr. Dave........................BOLD!!!!!!!!!!:
DSC00731.jpg

Bass River Action Shooters:
DSC00727.jpg

Finally, your humble poster: