2007 IDPA MA State Championship

The 2007 IDPA MA State Championship dates have been set: June 16 & 17, 2007 (3rd weekend in June). This will be the 11th year that the Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford has hosted this match.

Plans are for a 9 stage match, 1 of which will be the low-light/no-light variety on the indoor range so you'll need a flashlight (or you can borrow one). Squading will be 6 man squads on Saturday morning or Saturday afternoon. Sunday has 8 man squads starting in the morning. Match fee includes shirt, door prizes, etc. Breakfast and lunch will be available for purchase. Additional info can be found at:
http://www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/schedules/IDPAMA2007.htm

What's the status of this? Is it full? Can a non MA resident shoot in the MA championships?

Yes, but make sure you have your match entry form in your range bag, transport your guns unloaded and locked in a case, car trunk, or other secure container, and you leave your post-Federal assault weapons ban large capacity magazines at home.

One more tip: don't consent to any searches!

Non-MA residents are OK to participate. Just pay close attention to the advice posted above by Darius.

The match is not quite full yet, but real close. I've had several phone calls from folks sending in entries so it's almost full. If you're interested in signing up, please give me a call, my number is on the entry form.

If the LEO had reason to do a search and you refused... couldn't they just impound your vechicle?

No, not legally.

This is a common misconception: many people think that if they don't consent to a search, the cops have a right to do it anyway, and, even if they don't find anything, they can impound the car.

Simply not true.

Well I hope I'm in! I talked to David Bold today and there are a handful of slots left. App and fees on the way!

SSP Sat PM. I'm looking forward to having some fun. The weather is supposed to be pretty good too. I just hope me and my M&P .40 do ok. [wink]

Gary,
Looking forward to seeing you! I'll be in hole!

Respectfully,

jkelly

Gary,
Looking forward to seeing you! I'll be in hole!

Respectfully,

jkelly

Nice seeing you today JK.

For anyone shooting the match tomorrow, it is a great match, goes reasonably quick, no real traps, and an all around good time.

The Match Director and his "Staff" did a great job but could not have done it without the Women behind the scenes.

Thanks to all for another great day of shooting. Nice to see those I have not seen in a while. I was on a GREAT squad.

Gary,
It was great seeing you and the rest of the Bass River boys today. I really need to get out to the cape and shoot with all of you, maybe when I get my S&W back.

The low light stages were tougher then they look.

By the way, you used cover very well today, I guess it must be an old police thing. :)

Respectfully,

jkelly

My sincere thanks to the great SO Staff at this year's 2007 MA State IDPA Championships. You guys (and girls) ran an incredibly smooth match!
The range improvements will serve as a model for other MA gun clubs.

Eight stages O' fun and I still got back to Clinton in time to enjoy all of this afternoon with a six of Corona and my little guy saying "Happy father's day" 147 times.

Ah, this is the life!!!!!

Jon

Mr. Green?
It was nice seeing you this morning. You shot the low light so accurately that I was embarrassed for telling you they were tough stages.

Respectfully,

jkelly

The team did an awesome job running a great match.. my only disappointment was that it had to end... that and the fact the in my haste a popped a couple good guys on my last stage! [rofl] Heck someone had to do it!!

Back
Top Bottom