2006 IDPA MA State Championship - June 24 & 25, 2006

Round Gun Shooter said:
Could you take the cooler with you??

There was nothing in the stage briefing that said you couldn't, but I can't see how it would have been advantageous to do so.

The cooler had a convex cylindrical foam pad inside, and if you took it with you as an improvised mag holder, I think it would greatly slow down your reloads.

I don't think so. Why?

Getting that ammo as fast as possible was the key to gaining speed on that one. I saw a CDP shoot it well stong hand, holding his mags in his weak hand. Good idea for revolver too?

GTOShootr said:
I don't think so. Why?

Getting that ammo as fast as possible was the key to gaining speed on that one. I saw a CDP shoot it well stong hand, holding his mags in his weak hand. Good idea for revolver too?

I don't know that what that guy did was kosher with respect to IDPA rules. The rulebook says extra mags have to be stowed before firing resumes.

That said, he sure did look cool!

Cross-X said:
I don't know that what that guy did was kosher with respect to IDPA rules. The rulebook says extra mags have to be stowed before firing resumes.

That said, he sure did look cool!

First, the rule you state is in relation to a Tac reload. My look at this is from a revolver POV is load, shoot T1 move with cooler to cover, engage T2 while moving, stow my gear and then continue.

It looks to me like both shooters shown here should have been warned for cover. You can't really see the target behind the wall after the barrel, but couldn't it be engaged before you left the first wall?? Also, Jon stood right there in the opening infront of that swinger and did his reload. No attempt to move behind cover.

Again, I wasn't there and I am handicapped by the angle of the camera. AND, I look at it from 6 round perspective.

Regards,

I think it is the angle. Scott was the SO and he warned us about it. I know he watched closely because he tagged me with a procedural for it. What are friends for?

Back
Top Bottom