• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

20 State Attorneys General Push to Restrict 5.56mm Ammo to Military

so.... we rotate away from 5.56 to 6.8.... and now we aren't allowed 5.56? That's the thought process?

even in the worst of cases.... still... this:

"Ammo has been banned for 10 years, I think we're ready. Get everyone all gayed up in their operator gear and go door-to-door and get ze gunz....."

(oops... the average gunowner stocked 50,000 rounds and only magdumped 45,000 of them....)
and yet the berm lived. We need a more effective round.

Got to follow the money when you hear of political things like this.
It wouldn't surprise me if Soros and Bloomberg weren't handing out cash for these.
Ever wonder how politicians end up with millions, when they started out with nothing...

Last edited:
even in the worst of cases.... still... this:

"Ammo has been banned for 10 years, I think we're ready. Get everyone all gayed up in their operator gear and go door-to-door and get ze gunz....."

(oops... the average gunowner stocked 50,000 rounds and only magdumped 45,000 of them....)
To paraphrase FPC, unless they're willing to stack up and try, they can f*** off.

Good. Maybe that will stop the turds at my range from chewing up all the steel targets with M855's. Ban that shit! [laugh] (Green tips and they are not allowed on steel)

Before anyone gets triggered- it's a joke. Though I do hate the morons wrecking our steel targets.
What range do you belong to?

What range do you belong to?
Not naming names, but I belong to two. One has a lot of steel and really doesn't have problems with damage. That club does however have more 'in your face' RSO's and nosy old members. The other club has a modest amount of steel and is more laid back w/o any RSO's. Pistol steel is holding up but tards on the rifle range are damaging 1/2" AR550 plates. Mostly it is M855 causing the damage. How do I know it's M855? They don't pick up their brass and they dump their empty boxes in the brass bucket. Also I know what M855 impacts look like vs something bigger plus the targets are peppered with the small craters.

Thus the joke about supporting the ban.

Ummm akshually

6.5 grendel is a much betterer round

I need to be learned about the Grendel.
Saw it on AHC channel piercing all sorts of armor.
I'm interested.
If the .gov knows this and uses the 6.5 grendel instead of 556, is all this wanting to ban it a 4D chess ruse?

I'm interested.
If the .gov knows this and uses the 6.5 grendel instead of 556, is all this wanting to ban it a 4D chess ruse?
Idk the Grendel is a decent round i like 6.8 spc better but what do i know

I'm interested.
I'm not qualified to speak to the performance of 6.5 Grendel. The initial marketing and restrictions imposed by Alexander Arms hurt its chances of widespread adoption.

The only "government" I know of which uses 6.5 Grendel in any quantity are Serbian Special Forces, and even their rifle is also set up to use 7.62 x 39. The US government is, at least in theory, is adopting a new a newer 6.8 x 51 cartridge (.277 Fury) instead.

As I noted previously, the headline of both the article and this post is deceptive. The letter from the AGs is not proposing a ban on 5.56 in general. What they want is for the Lake City Arsenal, which is owned by the US Army and operated by Winchester/Olin, to stop manufacturing and selling 5.56 for civilian use. Presumably, they'd want to stop civilian sales of any other caliber produced at Lake City as well.

"military-grade ammunition" Like 308 or 7.62. f***ing dicks know nothing
i think the idea there is to outlaw all centerfire cartridges. would be quite naive to think they go after 1 certain caliber, when the core idea is to confiscate all firearms from everyone.

Back
Top Bottom