2 kids missing in my town

Cliff notes? Spread it across more than 1 post?

2 girls 14 yrs old missing since since friday, Ashburnham MA.
No amber alert that I can find.
I have a word doc with the info I would like to post but I do not seem to be able too.

MISSING

Kati Lee Hollenbeck, 14
Blonde Hair, Brown Eyes
5’ 2” – 145 lbs
May have nose and lip piercing

Emma Marie Shook, 14
Blonde Hair, Blue eyes
5’6” – 140 lbs

Last seen Friday, August 21, 2009 in Ashburnham, MA

Anyone with info please call:

978-407-1838 or 978-424-8405

Thank you, The info came through but not the pics

From LexisNexis....

Copyright 2009 MediaNews Group, Inc. and Mid-States Newspapers, Inc.
All Rights Reserved

Sentinel & Enterprise (Fitchburg, Massachusetts)

August 24, 2009 Monday

BREAKING

137 words

Police looking for 2 missing 14-year-olds

By Emily Devlin, [email protected]

ASHBURNHAM _ Parents of two Ashburnham teenagers are looking for their daughters, after they went missing around 8 p.m. Friday night.

Emma Shook and Kati Hollenbeck, both 14, took off together Friday evening, say Emma's parents, Tommy and Summer Shook.

Emma Shook was last seen wearing a black tank top and jeans. She has blonde hair and blue eyes, stands 5-feet, 6-inches and weighs about 140 pounds.

Hollenbeck, has blonde hair and blue eyes, stands 5-feet, 2 inches tall and weighs about 145 pounds.

Shook's parents are looking into several leads, with sightings reported in Fitchburg on Monday. Police from Ashburnham, Fitchburg, Leominster, and Gardner, are involved with the investigation.

The two girls may be in the company of a larger group of people.

Anyone with information on their location is urged to call local police.

August 24, 2009

Runaways?

Posted: 08/24/2009 05:48:13 PM EDT

ASHBURNHAM _ Parents of two Ashburnham teenagers are looking for their daughters, after they went missing around 8 p.m. Friday night.

Emma Shook and Kati Hollenbeck, both 14, took off together Friday evening, say Emma's parents, Tommy and Summer Shook.

Emma Shook was last seen wearing a black tank top and jeans. She has blonde hair and blue eyes, stands 5-feet, 6-inches and weighs about 140 pounds.

Hollenbeck, has blonde hair and blue eyes, stands 5-feet, 2 inches tall and weighs about 145 pounds.

Shook's parents are looking into several leads, with sightings reported in Fitchburg on Monday. Police from Ashburnham, Fitchburg, Leominster, and Gardner, are involved with the investigation.

The two girls may be in the company of a larger group of people.

Anyone with information on their location is urged to call local police.

More here:

Endangered Runaway: KATI HOLLENBECK (MA)
KATI HOLLENBECK , Age Now: 14, Missing: 08/21/2009. Missing From ASHBURNHAM, MA. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Ashburnham Police Department (Massachusetts) 1-978-827-4413.
Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:32:08 EDT

Endangered Runaway: EMMA SHOOK (MA)
EMMA SHOOK , Age Now: 14, Missing: 08/21/2009. Missing From ASHBURNHAM, MA. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Ashburnham Police Department (Massachusetts) 1-978-827-4413.

http://missingkids.idribble.com/usa/massachusetts/

Hollenbeck and Shook, respectively:

NCMC1129729c1.jpg
NCMC1129666c1.jpg

I hope these girls are ok.Maybe I am old fashioned,but I think allowing kids to pierce anything at age 14 is really out there.Children,if allowed too much rope,tend to get in trouble.I hope they are safe and live long enuf to grow up and become wiser.

14 year olds with nose and lip piercings?

Hope they get found safely and a big whooping if they ran away.

During the summer I ran into one of my former students, a 12 year old girl, at a local store. She had something BIG to tell me about, and she asked her mom if she could tell Mr. theGringo her BIG news. Mom looked a little sick as the girl announced that she was going to get a nose ring.

I said, "Don't do it".

Mom awkwardly explained that it wasn't a done deal.

Nose ring. Twelve years old. What's she gonna get at 13, a tramp-stamp?

Yeah, these kids look like little sluts. Bad judgement and poor parenting shouldn't condemn them to the fate that often awaits teen runaways. I hope that they come home safe and all parties learn from the something experience.

ETA: The one on the left actually looks a little like Barry Manilow ...

Many runaways are running for a reason (abusive home). Unfortunately, what they find on the street is worse.

You are correct for a lot of cases. I ran away when I was 17. DUMB DUMB DUMB. Old enough to know better but young enough to get a slap on the hand. I was caught down in New Mexico with my girlfriend at the time. It was my parents car. She was a minor. You get the rest of the picture. I did not come from an abusive home nor did I have any real reason to take off except for selfishness and wanting to do "what I wanted". I fully regret my decision that day and would like nothing more than to take that week of my life and pass on the knowledge that it's never a good idea. If you are truly abused seek help from the local authorities. It's been almost 20 years since then. I am just like my parents now. Conservative and guarded. I hope these two young lady's come home soon. I can only imagine what is going through their minds right now, as with their parents[sad2]. Prayers are with you. Sincerely, a concerned citizen.

When i was five years old back in the late 40s,i told my mother i was going to run away. She told me the bus stop is at the end of the street [dix st in Dorchester].gave me two nickles for the ride.the bus driver took them,let me on the bus. I was gone for two full days and nights, I never went back on my own.

When i was five years old back in the late 40s,i told my mother i was going to run away. She told me the bus stop is at the end of the street [dix st in Dorchester].gave me two nickles for the ride.the bus driver took them,let me on the bus. I was gone for two full days and nights, I never went back on my own.

Then how did you get back?

Reptile; Made it to Park st.MTA station ,picked up by Boston police next morning,transferd to a dorchester sub station ,my farther picked me up later.Lefthome at 17 and never went back.

Back
Top Bottom