2-1/2 years of S&W 1911 extractors. Lessons learned.

I wrote this for a friend. I hope someone else finds it useful and keeps things @ %100. I know there are a large number of them out there in Mass. due to our limited options so this is going to show up sooner or later for someone. If you have any changes or reformatting you want to do you are free to do it and post it here.

Attachments

• s&wextractor.pdf
    79.1 KB · Views: 94
  • s&wextractor.doc
    43.5 KB · Views: 31
I've had a couple issues with my S&W 1911 and I look forward to trying your suggested tests. Looks like you've had a good amount of experience nosing around inside these guns. Thanks for sharing that experience.

Well thought out and comprehensive post. (Rep point added to Adweisbe) I have three S&W 1911 models in my collection and have owned six since their introduction. At least one is still owned by a well known NES member [wink]. I estimate 3K-4K rounds of (mostly light target) reloads and a few hundred rounds of WWB through these pistols. I have not experienced any extraction problems. Thanks for the information, and I will file this for future reference if needed.

I haven't had any problems with extraction yet but I have recently encountered "timing" problems with the grip safety and the FP safety- what have you seen? What did you do to resolve your issues? I also encountered an occasional "double" in one on them after 1000+ rounds- they replaced my trigger bow and hammer. What have you seen as the problem here?

I have a SW1911 and it sees a box or so about every week or two (probably about 1K rounds through it at this point). No problems yet besides some early 8th round feeding issues which have disappeared.

sw1911 extractors

I bought my first sw1911 in the summer of 2004 when i told jim crews pistol class ,I havent had a problem with other then change recoil spring,I run 18 1/2 lbs wolf spring because of the round count i shoot every year (5 to 7 k) but i never had a extractor problem[smile]
Maybe i am luck.
Howie

Back
Top Bottom