1st anniversary Father/Son shoot

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Son and I went shooting after being ordered out of the house so my wife could have a girlfriend over. Almost a year since we first shot. Brought both M1 carbines (1/44 N.P.M. his and a 2/44 I.B.M. mine) and the P38. 32 rounds Lake City for me, and 33 for him; 25 yards. Fun time. Even got him to clean my carbine while I shot the P38.

Of course I had to have one flyer. The mark on my forehead is where I got hit by 8-10 cases since I'm a lefty - and the lefty left the hat in the car.

T

Last edited:
Looks like fun was had by both of you. By the way, who is that guy standing next to your son? How much weight have you lost, you look great?

349 - 226 = 123 pounds. Here is the pic from 1 year ago. The surgery also makes you lose your hair; but that should reverse - how much I'll get back, I don't know.

T

Attachments

• 6.13.jpg
    6.13.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Nice pic , glad you're ok after that awful crash. And nice rifle your son his, great choice. Reminds me of my dad. Gave me the FN Hi Power among other babies.

Nice pic , glad you're ok after that awful crash. And nice rifle your son his, great choice. Reminds me of my dad. Gave me the FN Hi Power among other babies.

Which crash? Two in 24 days. [grenade]

No .22 trainer for him; straight to the carbine.

A Browning hi-power, Walther PPk, and Dreyse are the three on the top of my pistol list.

T

Last edited:
P38 results: 32 rounds WWB at 49 feet. Drifted a little left.

T

I can't hit shit with my P38. Always curious as to the date of MFG but yeah, I'm awful.

Reps if you can help thanks.

23ur33o.jpg

dwi2h.jpg

Postwar for sure, 62 IIRC.

awesome, i hope my daughter keeps with it. lost a little interest now that the weather is getting better. Shes six like to see what she can do in a year.
good to see you getting out and with all thats been going on it must have been a nice release just hangin with the kid on a great day!

The frame also seems to be of 1962, the proof mark is the giveaway.
As to 'can't hit shit': Probably due to the lightweight frame (majspud's has a good ole steel frame) in connection
with the loooong trigger pull.

Back
Top Bottom