1950 S/W .38 special snubnose

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Having let my BPD '53 Colt Detective go to the resident BPD collector, I was in need of another snubbie to carry. Got this S/W Model 10 fairly cheap. Little pitting on the frame and cylinder, but clean where it counts in the cylinder and the bore. Much heavier piece than the Colt; basically a full size S/W with a 2" barrel. Would have really liked a S/W Victory snubbie, but they are rare and $$$.

t

Attachments

• IMG_4451.jpg
    IMG_4451.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4452.jpg
    IMG_4452.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 62
Nice Tim. Add a Tyler T-grip adaptor to that bad boy and it will fit your hand like a glove. You will need a size 3 T-grip for a Square butt K frame.

It's too big; the Colt was more concealable. This is like a full frame revolver with a short barrel.

What's a T-Grip adapter?

t

They make all the difference in the world, comfort-wise. Its next to impossible to pocket carry a K-frame snub, especially the square butt versions. I would recommend a round butt J-frame (Model 36, 37, 38 or 40), with a Tyler grip for ease of concealment. I personally use a Model 38 (from the early 1960's) with a similarly aged Tyler adaptor. It is comfortable and easily concealable, and the adaptor improves my grip on the little gun. The adaptor also greatly improves my accuracy on follow up shots using .38+P defense rounds out of such a small package.

For some perverse reason it's fun to out shoot someone with their own gun. Shot my friend's Glock 22 (.40S/W). The two peekaboos at 12:00 were on purpose I couldn't believe all were in the black. Also targets for my '50 S/W snubbie and Jan '44 Walther P38. Distance was 25 feet.

Hmmm....seem to have tossed the S/W target....it had about 1/2 black and 1/2 white. Heavy frame and big grips made it very controllable.

t

Attachments

• IMG_4466.jpg
    IMG_4466.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4465.jpg
    IMG_4465.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom