1944 Inland M1 Carbine

I love seeing all of the recent acquisitions posted on this section. I thought I should share one.

I had a Russian 1955/6 Tula SKS. I swapped it for this CMP service grade M1 carbine (with CMP certificate).

How did I do?

carbine10.jpg carbine1.jpg carbine2.jpg carbine3.jpg carbine4.jpg carbine5.jpg carbine6.jpg carbine7.jpg carbine8.jpg carbine9.jpg

Last edited:
Nice trade, you did really well for yourself. Service grades in that condition (very clean mixmaster with late features) are going for $600-850 depending on the stamped parts.

The price on M1 carbines has definitely gone up a notch since the CMP ran out of them.

Nice trade, you did really well for yourself. Service grades in that condition (very clean mixmaster with late features) are going for $600-850 depending on the stamped parts.

IF you feel bad about the trade, you can watch GB and probably replace the SKS for $350-$500. (condition dependant) you are definitely ahead

A mint nonrefurb 55/56 Tula SKS ended up costing me $450 from a steal a few years ago. I'll never part with it because its worth at least $500 and pretty rare.

I'd say you scored the M1 by about $100 less than what you could get it for if you bought it outright.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

A mint nonrefurb 55/56 Tula SKS ended up costing me $450 from a steal a few years ago. I'll never part with it because its worth at least $500 and pretty rare.

I'd say you scored the M1 by about $100 less than what you could get it for if you bought it outright.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

The SKS had the refurb mark on the receiver cover. The diagonal slash. It was a pretty gun either way.

def went through an arsenal rebuilt, as for a 4mil, shouldnt have a type 3 barrel band, round bolt, adjustable sight, or lever safety. BUT does retain the type 2 highwood stock which is a nice $200 score in itself, whith possible correct handguard (thinking type III 4 rivet handguards were little later than 4 mil but could be wrong)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom