1943 tula ex sniper

Picked up a 1943 tula ex sniper on my way to ng skiing this weekend, I was being rushed by my friends and saw the tula mark and bough it later found it was an ex sniper. It is a post war stock but it looks like it has a tula hammer on the stock, also noticed a Remington cocking piece. Once I get it cleaned up I'll post some pics I could use some help figuring it out!

Nothing extra-special. It has been decommissioned as a sniper, but a perfectly fine infantry rifle.

The ex-sniper status does give it some added conversational value, but not a lot in the money department. The Soviets made several hundred thousand of these in the late war years.

The stamp on the stock is not the Tula hammer, but instead a 'T' of unknown significance. Clean it up, and make it go boom.

Yes. The filled holes which can be viewed inside the bolt channel signify that it was drilled for a PU scope base. The CH letters on the barrel also signify sniper status from the Tula Arsenal.

No bent bolt, as these were returned to infantry rifle configuration during refurbishment.

Martin, does your storage warehouse have 4" diameter goldenrods? Nice looker.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Back
Top Bottom