1934 Mauser pistols

I have (2) 1934 Mauser pistols that I am trying to learn more about. Both are Kreigsmarine, one supposedly super early, as in one of 800 made.

Is anyone on here very familiar with these? If so, I would like to pick your brain.

By 1934, the 1910 Mauser design was modified a little, but was considered dated. Modern 7.65 mm designs in service at the time were the Mauser HSc, Sauer 38H, and Walther PP and PPK. The Wehrmacht only ordered 8,000 pieces; serial numbers ranging 589562 - 624225, including commercial. Most went to the Kriegsmarine and are Eagle M marked. I have been looking for one as a bookend to my 1918 (186,xxx) commercial piece. Gunboards prices range from $600-$1000. I use mine as my carry piece; its light, small, and very simple to operate.

http://www.tague.at/pistolen/en_index.htm

MS

Last edited:
Nice; one early Weimar proofed and the other Nazi proofed.

MS

According to the book Axis Pistols, there were only 800 made in the early Weimar proofed design. How many of the original 800 that still exist that are not at the bottom of the Atlantic is anyones guess. Too bad the GI that brought it home had it nickeled.

That is a nice piece. I will add that one to my very long and getting ever longer list of pistols to look out for.

Back
Top Bottom