1925 VZ24 German Depot modification

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
I sold my four rifles on GunBroker. The price realized from the four will net me two new ones - a matched 1925 VZ24 Depot modification, and a matched DOU44 K98k.

I found another depot modified VZ24 to replace the 1930 with the bad bore. I checked; the bore on this one is great. Technically not all matching as the safety does not. I have a sling, sight hood, and blank Circle Z safety coming for it. I don't see an actual Depot mark on it; but then, most were not. I've asked about the marks on the comb and keel.

I assume I'm getting the DOU44; I chimed in "I"ll take it", on the K98k forum, but haven't back yet.

Slideshow:

http://s470.photobucket.com/user/majspud/slideshow/1925 VZ24 Depot

T

Last edited:
The VZ24 came today; what a rifle! Bore is mint, condition is mint! The sling and sight hood arrived today as well.

It's begging to go to the range!

T

Very nice! I'd love a vz24 to accompany my '44 dot

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Range time. 15 rounds PPU, 64 degrees overcast, drizzly, gusty winds, 100 yards. Rifle shoots WAY left, but elevation was good at 300M. Front sight was drifted way right which would seem correct. I knocked it back left to the witness mark and will try again later. 1st 5 were misses, then I started to hit. I had a friend spot with my scope. I hit center with the rifle just off the cardboard to the right.

Action was very stiff, especially on closing the bolt. Got easier and smoother as I went on. The bolt face is pristine.

T

I've said it before and I'll say it again- Just let me know when the museum opens. [smile]

Another nice one- thanks for posting.

Much better this time around, even with 30 sub-grade hang-fire '78 M75 Yugo rounds that probably accounting for some of the stringing. Very windy as temperature dropped from 78-70 degrees as thunderheads moved in. Standard 100 yards. First shots were low then left. I knocked the sight a line further left, but the shots are still left. Action is smooth now. Decent 256/300, no X's.

T

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom