WW2 German training rifle

n1oty

NES Member
I posted the following earlier today in the firearms forum, but it was suggested that I cross-post it here as well:

I have a friend who is looking for information on a rifle that his grandfather brought back from Germany at the conclusion of WW2. The markings and my basic internet searches show this to be a German WW2 training rifle. I have seen pictures of the rifle and markings

Mod W 625B
Stylized BSW
Suhl
22 caliber

My friend lives in central Mass and I would like to steer him to someone in that area who may be somewhat expert in evaluating this rifle because my check of auction prices indicates that this rifle may be valuable. His grandfather brought back this rifle and his personal 03-A3 after the war, but he is now dead, so we cannot get any answers from him.

Are those the only markings? Is it SA marked or police marked or anything like that?

That's all I have to go on. Like I said earlier, I am hoping someone will steer me towards a person or shop, preferably in central Mass, who I can refer my friend to for the close inspection this rifle should have. Anyone???

guess it depends on whos selling and whos buying
theres a 625C here for $4k but hey its a C not a B
Things are worth what people are willing to spend on them.
I see German training rifles all the time for sale in the $400-$800 range (and never selling), that's where my price point comment came from.
In looking at that link, it appears the rifle the OP shows is potentially worth quite a bit. However, I think $4500 would be a "I just won the lottery" price for a rifle like that. The global audience for for that type of collectable at auction has got to be extremely small.

Things are worth what people are willing to spend on them.
I see German training rifles all the time for sale in the $400-$800 range (and never selling), that's where my price point comment came from.
In looking at that link, it appears the rifle the OP shows is potentially worth quite a bit. However, I think $4500 would be a "I just won the lottery" price for a rifle like that. The global audience for for that type of collectable at auction has got to be extremely small.
yup,

Back
Top Bottom