1911 Build *sights are on*

Started my second 1911 build. Foster Frame, STI slide. Still fitting parts and waiting for a few to come in. Borrowed a few from my Other 1911.This is what I have done so far.I had a friend of mine cut the .250 radius for the beavertail. Needs a few more tweaks and hopefully It will be completed and test fired with in the next week.Sorry for the cell phone pics!
IMG00070-1.jpg

IMG00069.jpg

MediaCardBlackBerrypicturesIMG00-1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. Is the frame stainless or unfinshed? Also, are you going to use a match barrel/bushing?

Frame is in unfinished. I'm going to Dura-coat everything once it's completed. I actually just got in the barrel today. It's a Storm Lake drop in that Caspian sells for their XR kit.I had to take a smidge of the hood , but everything lock up nice.I used the same barrel in my last build. You can't beat it for $75 http://www.caspianarms.com/specials.php. It fit my EGW bushing almost perfect. Just had to run some 600 grit inside the bushing

isbbigdog: Looks good. In the photos is the barrel in? Also why Duracoat? You may be better served with something a tad harder which will bond to the frame better. If Duracoat, Parkerize first for a longer lasting finish. Greg

isbbigdog: Looks good. In the photos is the barrel in? Also why Duracoat? You may be better served with something a tad harder which will bond to the frame better. If Duracoat, Parkerize first for a longer lasting finish. Greg

There was a barrel in . It was a cheap GI and I now have a Storm Lake installed.
Only reason I'm going with the Duracoat is that I have a bunch left over from when I refinished my Warthog. I add a bit more harder on the Warthog and it held up really good.It was carried daily and only had 2 small wear spots after almost a year.One on the corner of the slide and the other on the edge of the safety. Plus this gun is never going to get carried so I don't have to worry about holster wear.
The last 1911 build I did I sent it out for Black Oxide. This one seeing that I have the materials I want to do it all![smile]

Back
Top Bottom