1903 USMC Sniper

Hey Guys,
Just picked this up. First off, the scope and blocks were NOT correct. I did put O and E scope mounts on there but I don't think they're USMC but as close as I can get. The scope is just nothing special. I've heard mixed reviews that the marines purchased them in the 1950s for their rifle teams. I have not validated this yet.
I got it from an huge online gun shop that usually over prices things. I came across it late one night and it caught my eye. It was advertised as a "built up sniper, not original." I sent it to a good friend who's an expert on the subject and a few others that own ones themselves and it looked good enough to take a gamble. It was priced cheaper than what JRA makes their clones for. So I figured I had at least that much in parts should it turned out to be fake.
Well after getting it in and taking some detailed photos and getting some feedback from some experts.
It's real. Now I just need to find a Unertl Scope on the cheap as well.
Thought I'd share. Has virtually every single trait you can think of.
It's definitely salty!

used to be, sold years ago (see regretable sales mention). fun shooters, but didnt belong to a range with more than 150 yards at time to stretch legs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom