-

I don't have nearly as much experience as some of the other collectors on here, but I think it's a bit pricey honestly. I picked mine up a couple months ago for $250 shipped and it still had all the Eagles unpeened. If you want it and like it, I say get it but if it were me I would probably pass. The russian captures I know are less desirable and certainly less expensive than the non-captured ones. I don't know much beyond that regarding specific markings and correct parts etc. If you don't already have your C&R I would definitely recommend it for saving some money along the way [smile]

With a RC you're buying the bore condition. A rarer code, correct stock, unpeened, non defaced, sight hood, cleaning rod, capture screws a plus. $350 is average; my shop has two for $449. Take it for what it's worth.

MS

You can find a bringback at a show or shop for that price. I'd only go that much for a RC if it had a mint bore and matching bolt, or like Tim said, a rare code.

You can find a bringback at a show or shop for that price. I'd only go that much for a RC if it had a mint bore and matching bolt, or like Tim said, a rare code.

I'd like to know where you can find a bring back for that! Although I found my bolt MM byf43 for $330, that was two years ago and it was duffel cut, missing the cleaning rod, and sight hood. Turned out nice, but you've got to be willing to take a risk.

MS

I'd like to know where you can find a bring back for that! Although I found my bolt MM byf43 for $330, that was two years ago and it was duffel cut, missing the cleaning rod, and sight hood. Turned out nice, but you've got to be willing to take a risk.

MS

They pop up at gun shows here and there and at shops. You just have to keep looking and ask.

I would buy "bring backs" for that all day long! If someone is seling bring backs for that price, they clearly do not know what they have.

I wouldnt sell my matching byf43 bringback fpr less than 1900. I havent seen a bringback priced less than 1000 in a few years anywhere. I miss the days before saving private ryan, and band of brothers came out when you could fing great condition wwii guns for excellent prices *sighs*

Back
Top Bottom