• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

115 gr xtreme load/col data?

I'm not willing to go higher than that, I just wanted to get a feel for if I was close to the limit. 5.0 definitely has more noticeable kick than my 4.8gr loads. If I was really chasing a top out I would probably load 5.1 and 5.2 to see what I got, but even if they were ok I'd never go higher than that. TG does have a reputation for being unforgiving.

I'll run some benched grouping tests this week to compare the two. If I'm not loosing accuracy, I'll bump my Square Deal up to 4.9gr for loading. If it starts opening up I'm going to stick with 4.8gr. I'll post targets when I get it done.

My 34 loves 115 plated with 4.8gr titegroup 1.130. So I'm pushing them pretty hard with excellent results.

I have a small batch of 4.9gr and 5.0gr loaded just to test If I'm getting close to a pressure sign.

My 34 doesn't like 124s or 147s regardless of charge, the groups just aren't as tight.
Thats' interesting. I just switched from W231 to Titegroup. I'm using 3.6gr Titegroup behind a 147gr Berry's plated RN and I'm getting 950FPS which is a Power Factor of 137. My accuracy is VERY good for what I need it for (IDPA) and the recoil is about 30% less than factory 115gr. (which contributes to the accuracy).

I tested the accuracy and recoil by going through a reloading drill using magazines with 3 bullets loaded. The drill is 3 shot group - drop the mag and reload - 3 shot group - drop/reload - 3 shot group. I repeated it 3 times (27 rounds) at 35 feet. Target is posted below.

I'm happy with the results and it is a very soft load that runs great in my G34 and easily makes power factor requirements for IDPA and USPSA. Before this load I was using 4.3gr win231 with Hornady 124gr HAP (Same as XT without the expansion) and will probably have to go back since I have 1200 bullets left. This also shot very well from my G34 (both loaded to 1.125 AOL) but recoil is noticeably more than the 147gr.

TO be honest one of the reasons I love my Glocks is that they eat anything I throw at them.

View attachment 133311

I bumped up the charge to 4.2 gr of TG with 115 gr Xtreme plated RN to see if I could cut down on the soot getting on my hand/arm as well as the stain/burn mark on the side of the case. It didn't seem to help. I have plenty of crimp with the Lee FCD - about a 1/2 turn of the die after it touches the casemouth. I'm also using a OAL of 1.13" I hear the burn mark is from the case not sealing completely and gases shooting back. I need to grab some 124 gr Xtreme's to try out as well. Anyway, just curious what others here have found using TG.

They shoot accurate enough. Similar to ^spt's groups.

Last edited:
Titegroup is dirty. The charge weight isn't going to help much in that area.

Okay that's what I was wondering. I noticed the internals on my CZ75b were quite rotten after 500 rounds using TG. I used gun scrubber to blast all the s*** out. I'll take good accuracy, metering consistency, and availability over cleanliness lol.

I just ordered 250 of the X-treme 124 gr heavy plate concave base bullets and 250 xtreme 124 gr hollow points. I can't remember if I've ever shot 124 gr 9mm ammo in the last ~6 years I've been shooting. Curious to see what the recoil is like and if there is any gain in accuracy.

Last edited:
I load my 115gn RN Berry's Plated w/ 4.5gns of W231 (same as HP38). I use a C.O.L. of 1.118"-1.128".

I've literally shot thousands of this load, and it's real accurate in my LC9 and G19. I've shot it out to ~ 50yds, nothing really beyond.
That is same load i shoot. 4.6g 115gr extreme fmj 1.125 col w231. shoot
Out of kimber, glock, sig, hellcat. Shoot with no problem

Back
Top Bottom