"11" School Shootings this year

Darksideblues42

NES Life Member
NES Member
Figured more than a few of us have had this stat thrown in our faces.

Here is the research I have pulled together.

Here is a breakdown of what is classified as "school shootings"

2 were suicides where the only person harmed was the one who took their own life. One of these was a PTSD suffering service member in a parking lot, the other a 14 year old boy in a bathroom.

One was a window on a bus struck by a pellet gun. Not even a firearm.

One was a bullet which passed through an office window at a school. No one injured.

One was a bullet which hit the outside of a college building. No one injured.

One was at a firearm training course at a college. The student picked up an actual firearm, not the training one, and shot the wall. No one was injured.

One was a drive by shooting into a dorm building. No one was injured.

One was a college student shot after a Greek life event. He died.

One was a drive by at a charter high school. One was injured, but by the panicking students, not gunfire.

One was a single student shot in the cafeteria by another student. - expected to survive

The final one was the Kentucky tragedy.

One is too many, but let's not let folks play fast and loose with the facts.

These are the 11 school shootings that happened in the first 23 days of 2018

Three things are going to happen:

1. Shootings (whether at a school or elsewhere) are going to keep happening
2. Legislators are going to try to "solve" the problem with more laws (as usual)
3. Legislators trying to "solve" the problem are going to sell more guns in yet another in a long list of schlimmbesserung

Pretty much in that order. And it happens every. Single. Time.

Three things are going to happen:

1. Shootings (whether at a school or elsewhere) are going to keep happening
2. Legislators are going to try to "solve" the problem with more laws (as usual)
3. Legislators trying to "solve" the problem are going to sell more guns in yet another in a long list of schlimmbesserung

Pretty much in that order. And it happens every. Single. Time.
Rinse, wash and repeat. They keep trying the same tactics and missing the route causes, thus this will continue.

I would think not, as they are handguns, and Federal law is a little wonky in that regard.
Also, schools are most often "gun-free zones", so chances are they these murderers are breaking at least 2, probably more, lawrs before they even fire the first shot. So, much for legislating our way out of this.

But there was zero the last 10 days of 2017. ;)

Should we really count college shootings, intended, mass, mini, or whatever, at all??? I mean, these are ADULTS. (Well, I think legislators in MA want to raise the age of majority to 25 or something. Because poor 20yo can't think for themselves and are just innocents.)

But there was zero the last 10 days of 2017. ;)

Should we really count college shootings, intended, mass, mini, or whatever, at all??? I mean, these are ADULTS. (Well, I think legislators in MA want to raise the age of majority to 25 or something. Because poor 20yo can't think for themselves and are just innocents.)

Nah man, adolescence goes until 24 now.

Adolescence now lasts 'from 10 to 24'

Also, consider this: how many public, charter, and private primary schools are there nationwide? Secondary schools? PreK schools? Colleges?

When you start to think that 11 times over 26 days there has been a “gun incident” at a school in this country, the chances of that happening at a given school on any given day are statistically insignificant. I’m far more likely to be injured in a car crash driving there or back than by gunshot.

I poke a lib who posted “The Eleven” story with the truth and get back from them, yeah, I’m supposed to feel better? So, the story is what they cling to as justification for guns are bad, ‘n stuff, ‘cause Trump, ‘n stuff.

Don’t look for ‘common sense’ from these people.

Back
Top Bottom