colt python 3 inch

what is the difference between a lew horton & a colt made 3 inch pyton which is more valuable

The Python was originally available in two finishes: Royal Blue and Bright Nickel. The Bright Nickel model was discontinued with the introduction of the more durable satin stainless and mirror-polished Ultimate Stainless models[1]. The stainless steel and Royal Blue finishes were offered until 2003 by Colt on the Python "Elite" model.

Pythons were available with 2.5 inch, 4 inch, 6 inch, and 8 inch barrels[1]. The six-inch model was the most popular generally and the 8 inch model was intended for hunting. A 3-inch barrel version is very collectible, although not rare.[2]

The Python Hunter model, with 8 inch barrel and factory-installed 2X Leupold scope, was made in 1980.[8] The Python Hunter was the first field-ready handgun hunting package made by a major handgun manufacturer.[8] The scope was mounted on the barrel using Redfield mounts and the gun was packaged in a Haliburton case.[8] It was discontinued by 1990 and briefly offered as a "Custom Shop" model afterward.[8] A Python Target model was made for several years in .38 Special only, in blue and nickel finishes.

Two variants of the Python were made in small numbers by Colt. The first was the Colt Boa of 1985, a limited production .357 Magnum revolver, made for the Lew Horton Distributing Company in Massachusetts. It used a Python barrel mated to a Trooper Mk V frame. Six hundred 6" revolvers and 600 4" revolvers were made, of which 100 were matched sets. Though it resembles a Python visually, it is substantially different internally. The second was the stainless steel Colt Grizzly of 1994, another limited production .357 Magnum revolver. It used a Python barel mated to a Colt King Cobra frame. 500 of these revolvers were manufactured, with 6" Magna-Ported barrels and smooth, unfluted cylinders. The ported barrel includes a bear footprint. Similar to the Grizzly was the Colt Kodiak, which was a Colt Anaconda with a Magna-Ported Barrel and an unfluted cylinder. Approximately 2000 Kodiaks were manufactured.

The Lew Horton may be more collectible, but it's really a Mk V frame with a Python barrel.
It's not a real Python per se, because it doesn't have that genuine smooth-as-glass Python action.

3 inch python

thanks but i was asking about the 3 inch python i have one made by colt with a letter i requested from colt but i was wondering about the lew horton california combat what is the difference

Back
Top Bottom