101st Engineer Battalion anyone..donate a rare signed .45 cal manual WWI

I have a stamped Confidential

'Manual of the Automatic Pistol Caliber .45' Model 1911, dated February 1918,

GHQ Expeditionary Forces France

printed in Nancy, France on the back

Signed Major John F Osborn
101st Engineer

It's unit history, if the 101st is interested I'd like to donate it.

Very kind of you. There are quite a few Guard guys on board here and I'm sure someone will know someone associated with the 101st Engineer Bn.

The 101st Inf 26th Yankee Division was at victory rd, Spent 8 yrs there in the 80's
I think it was changed to the the 164 battalion back in the late 90's if not 2000

I was with them in Iraq. If you don't get anywhere with the above pm I know the state historian.

- - - Updated - - -

101st is Yankee Division. My dad was 164th Transportation, 101st YD (I believe that is how the relationship works.)
164th is still in Dorchester, at the Victory Road Armory, and has an active facebook page.

Looks like 101st does too: https://www.facebook.com/fsc101enbn/

It was the Yankee division. It falls under the 42nd these days. Yankee is the name to designate the brigade these days.

I am absolutely not trying to steal the OP thread, but if I could trouble some of you veterans for some assistance, I'd truly appreciate it. I go to Worcester Hope cemetery on a fairly regular basis and kinda have adopted keeping up a veteran's final resting place. During Memorial day, his site is so far away from others that it just gets forgotten. I've tried to find some information from the headstone, but clearly my Google Kung Fu is letting me down.
On the headstone below his name is the following:
Mass. 25 Field Arty 9th Division April 29 1924

Any information or point me in the correct direction would be great. I am not a veteran, but have the utmost respect for you all and this person should not be forgotten just because time has passed him and his family by.

Jay

I am absolutely not trying to steal the OP thread, but if I could trouble some of you veterans for some assistance, I'd truly appreciate it. I go to Worcester Hope cemetery on a fairly regular basis and kinda have adopted keeping up a veteran's final resting place. During Memorial day, his site is so far away from others that it just gets forgotten. I've tried to find some information from the headstone, but clearly my Google Kung Fu is letting me down.
On the headstone below his name is the following:
Mass. 25 Field Arty 9th Division April 29 1924

Any information or point me in the correct direction would be great. I am not a veteran, but have the utmost respect for you all and this person should not be forgotten just because time has passed him and his family by.

Jay
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/25th_Field_Artillery_Regiment

Thanks everyone....as luck would have it I bumped in a couple YD 101st troops in BDU's in a local gun shop and got the name of the 'go to' guy for battalion history...

BDU's??? Acu's are the grey uniforms that only work for gravel. Multi-cam are the uniforms from Afghanistan. Scorpion is the new stuff that looks like the green multi-cams but is vaguely different. Of course then there was desert camo and the infamous pickle suits. Drives the CSM up the wall. Love it

BDU's??? Acu's are the grey uniforms that only work for gravel. Multi-cam are the uniforms from Afghanistan. Scorpion is the new stuff that looks like the green multi-cams but is vaguely different. Of course then there was desert camo and the infamous pickle suits. Drives the CSM up the wall. Love it

I haven't left the jungle....lol

Back
Top Bottom