10/22 in m1 carbine stock

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
I'm working on putting a Ruger 10/22 into an m1 carbine stock. I have the Tech Sights and used the scope rail to hold the handguard , based on a design I saw on the net.

IMG_4202.JPG

IMG_4204.JPG

IMG_4209.JPG

IMG_4211.JPG

I haven't figured out how to put a barrel band on it yet, without turning down the barrel to the m1 carbine profile. I bedded the receiver using epoxy putty.

Last edited:
I did this same project awhile ago. I ended up cutting off a piece from the inside of the front band and had to pry it open a little more to fit the barrel without scratching it up. I'm pretty sure it fit over the tech site but I don't recall.

It started off looking like this...
DSCF0998.jpg

and ended up like this...
DSCF1084.jpg

YUP, I gave up...just couldn't get it seated down far enough without wrecking the stock so I pieced it out...got my money back easily and made my little bullpup instead.

I wish I could have made the M1 carbine work though...really love the look and solid feel!

Nice job! [cheers]

Bythe way..it is already on rimfire central and military firearms and a couple of others...that's where I got the idea and directions.

That is a nice looking conversion. The bull pup from the other post is nice as well. I need to get another 10/22 at some point, never should have sold mine.

Back
Top Bottom