• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

03A3 Sight Issue

K98

Having the peep sight is an issue due to my eyesight. What are the options for changing out the sight but retaining originality?

If anything a peep sight will be easier for you with vision problems.

What problem are you having?

any chance your rifle is already drilled on the side of the reciever for mach sights?

It's not so much the peep for me, but getting all three points lined up and focused at the same time. Sometimes I can only manage two of three. Old age and multiple concussions for me. Sometimes I find the open sights of a Mauser more relaxing, and the versions I have with sight hood help me find the front sight easier.

t

It's not so much the peep for me, but getting all three points lined up and focused at the same time. Sometimes I can only manage two of three. Old age and multiple concussions for me. Sometimes I find the open sights of a Mauser more relaxing, and the versions I have with sight hood help me find the front sight easier.

t
You can only think your focused on all 3
With rear aperture your not focusing on the rear sight your looking through it.
You may have a hard time looking through small apertures . I can’t see well through anything smaller than .045” with out seeing shadows and cob webs.
Depending on the front sight be it post or aperture depends on your eyes. Aperture sights are easier to line up the round blurs vs that blurry front sight and target.

Back
Top Bottom