• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

“Employee at Kahr Arms in Worcester is accidentally shot”

Disassembly of a pistol after malfunction, either customer-supplied, or during testing? Who knows?

"There's more to it" might be a stretch, other than the fact that it was obviously not pointed somewhere safe.

Ever try to take a PM9 apart? PITA! They are tight guns. Never managed to shoot myself though. Never managed to get the gun to run well enough to trust as a carry gun either though.

Ever try to take a PM9 apart? PITA! They are tight guns. Never managed to shoot myself though. Never managed to get the gun to run well enough to trust as a carry gun either though.

Seriously? If so, you're not doing it right. I have no trouble taking my PM9 down, and it runs perfectly once you change out the shitty factory followers in the magazines. In fact, I think I'll take it down and clean it tonight. It's been awhile and I'm sure it's got some lint in the muzzle from being carried daily.

Eject the magazine, rack the slide, pull it back so the little grooves are lined up, push the slide catch out from the side and remove it, release slide, pull trigger, and push the slide off. Done. You wanna talk about a PITA to take down, let's talk about my 1911 and how I continually forget that if you don't keep your thumb on it and release it slowly, the recoil spring will launch the bushing across the room with enough force to embed it into the drywall.

I can see how an ND can occur with a round in the chamber on a Kahr, but Christ, follow the golden rule and you won't have a problem. The gun is always loaded, treat it accordingly.

Funny I can break down a 1911 in 30 seconds. Simple once you have the hang of it.

The PM9’s aren’t complicated they just tend to be tight. Close tolerances. They do loosen up a little with use.

Not really relevant how hard it is to disassemble. You are supposed to unload it BEFORE you start to disassemble it.

Back
Top Bottom