‘Guns Save Life’ Uses Chicago Buyback to Send Kids to NRA Gun Camp

This is awesome!

‘Guns Save Life’ Uses Chicago Buyback to Send Kids to NRA Gun Camp

On Saturday, June 23, three of Guns Save Life’s intrepid members, Chris Betley, John Sutter and Steve Fuller drove to Chicago to participate in the city’s annual gun “turn in” event titled, “Don’t Kill A Dream Save A Life.” In short, the sum real-world value of the guns we took up to the Windy City would have been calculated by most people – ourselves included – solely on their scrap metal value. To the gun-hating do-gooders up there, though, they were worth big dollars; $100 for each firearm and $10 for BB-guns and replicas. No questions asked. So, to take advantage of this artificial market for accumulated rust and machined parts, we sent our three members up north with sixty “guns” and four pellet pistols . . .

In the end, Guns Save Life netted about $5000 to be used for upcoming youth shooting events, thanks to the hard work and donations from dozens of our members. We’ll be using most of the proceeds to buy ammunition for the annual Darnall’s NRA Youth Shooting Camp held each summer in Bloomington, IL at Darnall’s GunWorks and Ranges, and to buy some of the guns they give away to participants.

Read the whole thing. It's fantastic.

well, I'm pretty positive that none of these "guns" were worth more than $100 when they got them, I still say it's sacrilege to give them to moonbats for destruction.

well, I'm pretty positive that none of these "guns" were worth more than $100 when they got them, I still say it's sacrilege to give them to moonbats for destruction.

I disagree. They converted a bunch of unsafe, non-working or barely-working junk firearms ino money that will be used to introduce youth to firearms.

Let the moonbats think they won a round while we laugh at them and bring new members into our ranks.

I wander if we can contract some company in China to produce a crapload of non-functional, rusty, "firearms" for under $50 each, then create a black market, selling these for $50 to people who will be turning these in for $100. Even if our cost is $50, I'd consider this a victory.

What a wonderful fundraising idea for Comm2A. If Boston every ran a buyback program again we could get NES members to pony up their worthless guns and turn them in funds with which to sue the state.

Too bad that's not likely to happen. Boston's last buyback was in 2006 and I think they were giving away $200 gift cards. But even Boston was convinced that buybacks weren't in any way effective.

yeah pretty much
Private donors - usually retail companies it seems - generally fund buyback programs.

Back
Top Bottom