Zombie ammo and CCI shotshell

What's up with those?
im gonna go on uneducated guess and say the zombie ammo is nothing but marketing and cool factor to sell. Regular or maybe defense type ammo with some green dot on it to give it the "zombie killer effect"

but CCI shotshell. Looks like there tiny BBs in the bullet. Assuming it penetrates it would mess someone up pretty Bad

i also noticed a ruger 9mm +P with very low grain (80). What's up with those? The top of the bullet was formed almost like a fan. I'm gonna assume this is also defense ammo but why such low grain #?

i also noticed a ruger 9mm +P with very low grain (80). What's up with those? The top of the bullet was formed almost like a fan. I'm gonna assume this is also defense ammo but why such low grain #?

google is useful.

it's the ARX ammo. based off similar technology as the lehigh extreme defender and penetrator. nonexpanding projectile with flutes. works very well for cartridges like 380. not sure about 9mm or higher as penetration becomes pretty intense.

Most "zombie" rounds I've seen were defense rounds dressed up.

A guy at the range over the summer was shooting the CCI shells for kicks. Based on the patterns I saw, I wouldn't buy them except for novelty use at the range.

Some decent videos on shotshell penetration and spread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hornady ZombieMax is good ammo. Same as other ammo in their line just with green polymer tips. I've used it in .380, 9mm, .45ACP, .223, .308, and 00buckshot.

Sometimes a little less expensive, actually, since they use regular brass instead of nickel plated on e.g. Critical Defense/Duty.

The shotshell rounds are only intended for snakes and small pests. Won't penetrate humans well at all at defensive distances. Don't bother with them. The Zombie rounds are just a gimmick. Same as the standard hornady rounds with green instead of rear tip.

What other cool/fun/weird ammo is iut there AND legal in MA?

Dragon's breath.

fc73fa5ca0d8b74168a15cd0451d579c.jpg

DragonsBreathShotLarge.jpg

Perfect for when "Get off my lawn" doesn't get the message across.

Brenke has awesome 12ga rounds Four Seasons carries them from time to time. At the end of the day a bullet in the face is a bullet in the face. Practice your drills then worry about the secret squirrel round by whatever is popular at the time for tacticool underwater attack squirrels and sugar gliders. Most people read a lot of articles for their dream shootout buy super cool firearms and cant shoot for sh#t. Don't be that guy, be better you represent us all. Good luck (and I have a box of Zombie ammo, a friend gave it to me I swear).

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I agree 100%
shit proper training you can outdo a guy with the best gun and gear with your hands (some Rambo stuff).
Just discussion ammo for fun and maybe I find something cool too.

I like loud and recoil :) I shoot my 12ga 18 1/2" barrel one handed with slugs. So if somebody wants to load some "flamethrower" rounds for the Redhawk I'm game:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom