NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
Read the whole article at the link.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/lv-other/2007/sep/20/566611829.html

One man and his guns, guns and more guns

A collection built over a lifetime is going to the highest bidders

By Abigail Goldman, Las Vegas Sun
Las Vegas Sun

It's Christmas Day, Jerry Darnell is about to die and he's at Wal - Mart buying rifles. Four of them.

Darnell's cousin finds these firearms in early January, when he travels to Pahrump to make the after-death arrangements. Darnell had died of natural causes at 66.

His cousin finds the new rifles unwrapped, price tags affixed, packed in with the rest of the collection. A gun hoarder's last grasp, the end of the Darnell Weaponry Estate.

It's an arsenal, really, of about 3,800 firearms, more than 1,000 bayonets and about 250,000 rounds ammunition. The collection spans Civil War to Wal - Mart: Winchester, Smith & Wesson, Remington, Ruger, Mauser, Mosin Nagant . Weapons worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Some say it is one of the largest private gun collections in Nevada, assembled by a solitary man who lived a quiet life in Pahrump.

Pissed that I'm not in nevada so I could bid on parts of that 250K of
ammo.... I'd place a fair wager theres a lot of common calibers
in that stash.

-Mike

I'm pretty sure I saw an advertisement to an auction that was selling off this collection in the Shotgun News. It was a week or two ago and the pic showed rack upon rack of firearms from one man's estate. You had to order a catalog to participate in the auction. Wish I would of saw it before it happened.

It's an arsenal, really, of about 3,800 firearms, more than 1,000 bayonets and about 250,000 rounds ammunition. The collection spans Civil War to Wal - Mart: Winchester, Smith & Wesson, Remington, Ruger, Mauser, Mosin Nagant . Weapons worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Now I have a role model [smile]. WOW! Something to inspire to

AIG

Article says - "one of the largest private gun collections in Nevada" - With 3,800 firearms, I'd like to know who has the largest!

Anybody watching this latest auction? It's about half way through now. I saw some Mosins go for $60. Other then that it all seams over priced.

Back
Top Bottom