Yet another FA-10 & C&R bound book question.

Twigg

NES Member
I've recently acquired an old Stevens single shot shotgun. There is no serial number. How do I complete the FA-10 and log it in to my C&R bound book without a serial number ?
confused.gif

Yes I did a search !
fce32f95.gif

Pre-1968 guns were NOT required to have S/Ns. On the FA-10 just leave it blank. On BB, put a notation that No S/N exists.

You're good to go with that.

I thought that if you had a C&R, and logged it in a bound book, you did not need to file a F-10.
Is this not correct?

Please read the other 4 or 5 FA-10 threads that are currently active here. Then use Advanced Search . . . this has been beaten to death probably 25 times over if it's been discussed once here.

Failure to file an FA-10 is a CRIME. Second offense has a penalty about equal to a bank robbery. Your choice on what to do or not.

Len, when I file an F-10 form when I purchase a C&R firearm, what do I put where it asks for buyers license, my LTC or my C&R? (I also have an FID)

Thanks, sorry I'm being a pest.

As far as the state of MA is concerned, there is NO SUCH THING as a C&R FFL. It is NOT recognized in MGLs anywhere (and that is really a good thing . . . or you wouldn't be able to buy handguns out of state).

LTC goes in the buyer's license block. Directions are pretty good on the backside of the cover sheet on an FA-10 form when you pick them up at a PD or get them from CHSB.

Back
Top Bottom