• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

XDs 7 round mags?

awww prolly should have made a thread back in dec when S/A had them for 30% off or something. Placed an order for 2, one for a friend. Came out to a little less than $80 shipped.

Just out of curiosity, how does everyone like the XD-S? I am considering buying one in a few months when I turn 18 and get my Maine CCW.

I absolutely love it. Not much kick for a .45, thin as hell, and carries beautiful in my new Maxtuck holster. If I can't defend myself with 6 rounds of 230gr +P's, I'll just run away. [laugh]

I absolutely love it. Not much kick for a .45, thin as hell, and carries beautiful in my new Maxtuck holster. If I can't defend myself with 6 rounds of 230gr +P's, I'll just run away. [laugh]

Thanks, the thing sounds great! I have always loved Springfield Armory and .45 acp is my round of choice!

If you're still in MA you can meet me at Harvard to try mine out. I love it.

I may have to take you up on the offer sometime! Thanks for all the input everyone.

While i agree with you on the thin ness , i don't agree with you on the kick. I know its subjective , but yes it hurts me when i use 230 +p HST.

While i agree with you on the thin ness , i don't agree with you on the kick. I know its subjective , but yes it hurts me when i use 230 +p HST.

I'd recommend 185gr for the XDS. I don't know if it'll have much of an affect on felt recoil (I agree that it doesn't kick much, but I'm a biased 45 guy), however, I've read a few reports that say 230gr hollow points don't generate enough velocity to fully expand out of a 3" barrel, and that 185gr perform much better.

For what it's worth...

I'd recommend 185gr for the XDS. I don't know if it'll have much of an affect on felt recoil (I agree that it doesn't kick much, but I'm a biased 45 guy), however, I've read a few reports that say 230gr hollow points don't generate enough velocity to fully expand out of a 3" barrel, and that 185gr perform much better.

For what it's worth...

Really? Sources please. Not that I don't believe it, I just want to do some research on this. Ehhh, QB is being a baby. 230gr +P's are still better than the POS .40. If you anticipate heavy recoil, I'd say half of it is a mental obstacle you need to get over. I can get some pretty good follow up shots with the XDs and I'm not a big guy.

I liked my XD-S but never really fell in love with it. On paper it had everything you could want as a CCW (except mag capacity) but I was just never that great shooting with it. Probably has to do more with me than the pistol, but I love my 3" 1911 I have now. The XD-S is a very well made gun and has a lot of good things going for it though - slim design, fiber optic front sight, .45, etc.

What's going on? Do I need 7 round mags? The last I heard that 7 round crap haddn't passed. Did I miss something?

Last edited:
What's going on? Do I need 7 round mags? The last I heard that 7 round crap haddn't passed. Did I miss something?

The 7 round mag is for an XDs. It's a sub-compact that comes with two 5 round mags. Seven round mags are the highest capacity mags available for this handgun.

Did you try springfield? I couldnt find xdm 19 round mags so i called them. They were backordered so would have been a 6 or 8 week wait. If you pay for priority shipping they jump you to the front of the line and you get the mags within a week.

Back
Top Bottom