• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WWII M1 Carbine Sale

K98

I just saw the video showing the "Latest Selection" of M1 Carbines for sale. $1500-$2000 for a 30 cal M1. They sure have a unique way of generating sales. You know where these are...

Yeah I saw their email earlier tonight. Look very nice but way too much money. I'm plenty happy with my winchester carbine I got from the CMP this past winter.

Only triple CMP and double GB. They are very nice, but all modified to post war standards. If original with flip sights and no bayonet lug, then maybe...

But they'll reel in them sucker fishes...[slap]

T

Any chance they been sitting on these from the last Israeli carbine came through?

- - - Updated - - -

Only triple CMP and double GB. They are very nice, but all modified to post war standards. If original with flip sights and no bayonet lug, then maybe...

But they'll reel in them sucker fishes...[slap]

T

CMP carbine have been running just as much
http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/catalog.asp?catid=363&n=M1-Carbine

http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/catalog.asp?catid=363&n=M1-Carbine

I still feel like I got suckered buying my Finn M39 during their endless "these are the last you'll ever see" blitzes. I do like the rifle, and think the deal was decent, but their marketing honesty is a bit questionable.

Am I reading this right? Sold out at 10:30est

They only had about 12 rifles. I didn't think they would last too long.

Correction - They go on sale at noon (in four minutes). I still don't think they will last very long.

Last edited:
They seemed to be priced for what the market is willing to spend.
Aparently there are plenty of folks with disposable incomes to support these prices.
I just need to find these buyer's. I got shit for trying to sell my rock ola for 850$!

I'm one of the (likely) few who don't understand the fuss over the M1 Carbines, and why they are so popular and expensive. I don't think they're good looking rifles...they just look off to me, I don't know why. Are they just fun to shoot? Then again, I've heard people call the SKS "ugly" but I think they look quite nice.

Eye of the beholder, I guess...

I love my '44 Inland. Accurate shooter and a nice piece of history. I like my SKS as well as my SVT-40. The M1 Carbine has the nicest feel out of the 3 in my opinion, but what does that matter... [cheers]

I'm one of the (likely) few who don't understand the fuss over the M1 Carbines, and why they are so popular and expensive. I don't think they're good looking rifles...they just look off to me, I don't know why. Are they just fun to shoot?

History - all USGI M1 Carbines were made during WW2. Used in WW2, rebuilt then used in Korea and beyond
Fun to shoot - especially for first time or women shooters. Little to no recoil. The .30carb round is essentially a magnum pistol cartridge. USGI load is 15.0 of H110 under a 110 RN.
Economical to shoot - a box of 50 factory rounds can be had for $20, my reloads come to about .15-16c/each.

You would also be hard pressed to find a modern replacement for the M1 Carbine.

I'm one of the (likely) few who don't understand the fuss over the M1 Carbines, and why they are so popular and expensive. I don't think they're good looking rifles...they just look off to me, I don't know why. Are they just fun to shoot? Then again, I've heard people call the SKS "ugly" but I think they look quite nice.

Carbine thing is the same as the SKS thing.
Both are fun to shoot.... accuracy well let's just say good enough for GI.
I have posted more than enough times the accuracy standard of a M1 carbine.
Can they be "accurate" yeah some what.

Why are they so expensive? They where made in the millions where cheap surplus stuff not to long ago BUT no one really seems to want to give them up.
They are the last to go out of the closet from the old timers.
It's a handy little gun. Easy to manipulate had some good power.
Parts where designed to be interchangeable with out any fitting
All in all a robust handy carbine... love or hate them they had a respectable run right up through the Vietnam War... that's a long run for a small "under powered" carbine.... had a better run than the M14[shocked]
They cost the U.S. about 45$ each during their production period.

And you could buy a rearsenaled, surplussed out piece from Rock Island Arsenal in February, 1962, for $20 plus 2.50 shipping.

T

Yea very fun to shoot.

A little better deal starts tomorrow; you-know-who's next offering 8 M03 Springfields and M03A1 Remingtons starting at noon. $1500ea.; near 100%

One low Springfield receiver 803307-7/09. Magic number is 800K; close.

T

Last edited:
While I still don't think they're pretty, the carbines do seem pretty handy, and the history is undeniable. Anyone know if anti-aircraft would have used them over M1s?

I also enjoyed this photo of Churchill. More people should shoot with tophats.

CH.jpg

Back
Top Bottom