Would Mass allow a Gun Store to be right next to a Day Care facility?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Simple answer - Absolutely not!!!!

But, in Maine it doesn't seem to bother anyone. While up at Sebago Lake in ME last week I had the pleasure of visiting a small, but friendly gun shop next to the lake. As I shot the shiola with the owner I watched a bunch of kids threw the window running around a playground that was 50ft away from the gun store. Had to easily be 15 or 20 children. I asked him if anyone ever complained about him being so close to a day care center. He gave me a strange look and said no. I explained to him how it would be in Mass. He just chuckled and shook his head.

It did break my heart to see a WWII 1911 in his case that was beat all to hell. Some moron tapped the top of the slide and put a scope mounting rail on it. [shocked] Sacrilege

IIRC there is nothing in MGL that would prohibit a gun store from being right next to a day care center. Of course, there is the issue of zoning, permits, etc, and if the people that run the day care center are whiney liberal a**h***s, then you might have some problems, but those are people/artificial red tape kind of problems.

-Mike

Probably one of the safest daycares on the planet. You KNOW that if the owner of the gun store heard shots coming from next door he'd be over there in a heartbeat to protect the kids.

Why not?

We had a local major gun shop (dealt in LOTS of Surplus stuff) that was spitting distance from the local hogh school.

Of course, we've also had schools that had students that came to school, and locked their handguns up in the car (or locker) while in class. They had armed security jobs they went to right after school. Wasn't the '50's or '60's, either, it was in the early '90's.

A child in day care is in less danger being near a gunshop than when he was in his mothers womb.Can you say abortion?

You guys are probably right in that there is no "law" saying it can't happen. Maybe I'm just seeing it from behind enemy lines where anything firearm related is bad. I didn't see anything wrong with it, but my sister commented on it in a negative manner. Nothing surprising there. [rolleyes]

There are plenty of nitwits in MA who would like to see a law prohibiting a gun store and day care center in the same state.

Back
Top Bottom